Google Domain Emails * x10 Hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imon60

Reaction score
Hello, I know how to set the name servers to x10; however, after doing so, my Google emails stopped working.

Is there anyone else that purchased their domain through Google? If so, could you please inform me of how to make my emails continue working after changing the name severs to X10.

Thank You!

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
have you set an addon/parked domain in your cPanel? And also, you may have to wait a while for the domain to be accepted by the servers.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

also, if you are using the google apps email service, you may have to set the MX records up again for your domain and change some settings on Google Apps

imon60

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Addon / parked? I'm confused. I thought all I had to do was change my x10 domain to my custom domain. Then change my name servers through my Google domain account. Is there a reason for the addon/parked? It was workign without me doing that. Again, sorry, I don't know much about addon/parked.

There's no way to set the MX up again after changing name servers. Once changing name servers, I no longer can access that information. I receive a message saying "Domain no longer hosted here."

I wanted Wordpress badly, but guess my best bet is to continue with blogger.

Thanks for your time and response!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Go look at the sections of your cPanel in your hosting account. There is a link there to manage your MX records. Even after you've set the nameservers to x10hosting ones, then you do still have some domain management control options in your x10hosting cPanel.

As for the mention of addon/parked, your new domain probably wasn't showing up in your details yet (synced up in your account panel) when it was mentioned. I see a .com domain in there now. So you don't have to worry about addon or parked domains. You wouldn't be able to set your .com to either anyway at the same time as main domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.