Google Lively Beta - Chat like a cartoon avatar

pokerhaji

Reaction score
Google Lively ready to change the format of a regular chat (i.e google talk ), it allows people to embody a cartoonish online avatar and have text-based conversations with friends and other Internet users in virtual chat rooms. The rooms can be added to any blog or Web site.Google's Lively is a Web-based project similar to Second Life.
google_lively_screen2_560x392.JPG

To know more :Tek4.co.nr

Chetz

Reaction score
There are quite a few of these avatar 3d chat rooms around now, I doubt this one from Google will get that far.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
There are quite a few of these avatar 3d chat rooms around now, I doubt this one from Google will get that far.

I don't know, Google is one of the big boys when it comes to search, email and advertising; who's to say this service won't take off? If it's got some innovative features and is reliable like every other service Google offers there's every chance it'll work and take off.

I wonder how much this is costing them?

-Luke.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, can't use it. Only supports Windows.
What about us Ubuntu users? I doubt Wine will work. :p
I guess eventually they will make it work on multiple OSes.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
It looks quite fun, and I'm sure lots of people will like it. at this rate, soon Google will be doing everything.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks a bit like IMVU, but more of Google's style :p

niskypto

Reaction score
But imagine if they integrate this with Google maps...then you can virtually visit a place. For example, maybe chat with a business rep before you go on a job interview.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
hehe, imagine doing that and visiting the Google headquarters :p