Google Maps Driving Simulator Lets You 'Drive' Anywhere

AceNik

Reaction score
googledrive.jpg

This top-down Google Maps-based driving simulator is one step closer to our ultimate dream: simulated driving on any street, anywhere, based on data available from Google Maps/Google Earth. Geoquake's 2D Flash version may be really simple—you only have a choice of four vehicles and there's no actual collision detection—but it's got the right idea. When someone can take in street data and feed it into a 3D driving engine so we can simulate a trip to the Grand Canyon without leaving our desks, that's when we'll know the future has arrived. Click here to play

For more such news visit acenik.tk

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Cool, but it would be nicer to have something like driving with Google Street View

azntechguy

Reaction score
Hmm, I enjoyed driving over the median, other cars and the "We're sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region" messages . Love doing something I'd normally not be allowed to do.

But actually driving in Manhattan is easier than trying to drive in Manhattan in this game. Now Boston on the other hand... ;)

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
This one's pretty good but I found one a while ago where you could only drive on the roads. Can't remember where it was now, I'll post it if I find it.

-Luke.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Man, this game is addicting! I play it every day now. :eek:
Also, I hope no one here works at the GooglePlex because I might have smashed your car up with a bus badly. ;)

Daniel S

Reaction score
I like playing the old version of the game better than the one that uses Google maps because the second one is harder and tests your skills and the Google one you can just drive anywhere.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed with this game, is that the max speeds do not change depending on which vehicle you are in. Even the lorry can go at 200km/h.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
To add to what TechAsh said, you can also get a higher speed limit by zooming out and a lower speed limit by zooming in.