Google Microsoft CS War Episode 1

Which Company will rule the Computing World in 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snehasis

Reaction score
Google and Microsoft are fighting hard to win the battle of monopoly on the the term "Computer". Now here's a round up of what I think of it.

IE 9 is to be released and Chrome 3 has a long way to go as it lacks addons.
Windows 8 and Google OS (both scheduled to be released in end 2012) will depend on the Intel Pentium 5 architecture which will be a boost to the current sixteen core designs to obey Moore's law. Apple Mac will soon become a friend of MS as far as piracy is concerned, osx86 will be replaced soon as you will see.

Now as far as Internet is concerned, Google will win as fellows from MS are leaving for the G tag. Bing is a addition to the pile of **** that MS has produced. Just search "orkut" in bing and google which will reveal to you 3 secrets. Now try "myspace" and a 4th secret will be revealed.

As far as Office is concerned Google has a classified project running that will unleash soon. I can't tell you the time as I myself don't know. Apple meanwhile is spending time on something else that has AI at its foundation. MS Office still rules for now, neglecting how much Sun Microsystems might be drilling.

Many general masses, sorry, almost everyone don't know the source of money the companies take and make and that will crash your thoughts on finding out for whom each one is working!

To be continued.................

Sources: Friends at Google, MS, Intel etc. :cool:

Please post your comments, abuses, thumbs ups about your thoughts.

vekou

Reaction score
yay, first vote!

i think it will be google six years from now. based on the rate that they are going, assuming that it will follow a consistent pattern, by 2015, internet will be synonymous to google. but hopefully, by that time, google won't be "EVIL."

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Seems like Google. They've been growing very, very fast as of late.

deltavolt

Reaction score
I hope it's Microsoft. That way I won't have to worry about any viruses, hackers, spyware, and all of those things that would waste my time.

vekou

Reaction score
^ i don't really see the connection on how Microsoft would relieve your worry about viruses, hackers, spyware, etc. Please clarify.

Based on what I know, Microsoft created the most virus-prone browser in the world.

asoit

Reaction score
Pretty sure google will take over. They come up with a lot of unique and truly amazing ideas recently...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Based on what I know, Microsoft created the most virus-prone browser in the world.

If Microsoft had abandoned ActiveX a long time ago and it was disbanded from parts of it being needed to run parts of Windows (given the fact that IE is literally running with near-Administrator rights due to this), IE would be just like any other browser, given it's patched regularly like Firefox, Opera, etc are. Also, the reason they are the most exploited is because tons of people still use Microsoft products, many of which I'm sure aren't savvy enough or in the care to run Linux/find another browser. Also, run as a limited user in Windows like Linux and Mac OS does out of the box, and you're pretty much bullet proof when it comes down to it. Running as limited user in Windows gives the same experience as Linux/Mac OS does, and if you want to elevate yourself, in Windows Vista UAC will come up asking for your password, or you can right click apps and go to Run As Administrator and enter in your password. With XP and older, you can either run things via command prompt once elevated via command prompt, or you can set the program to run as admin where it'll ask for the password every time you run it. It's been doing that since Windows NT came out.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Google! Definitely.

Especially, I mean if everybody used Gmail, the world would be amazing! It's sooooo great!

naerey

Reaction score
IE 9 is to be released and Chrome 3 has a long way to go as it lacks addons.
Windows 8 and Google OS (both scheduled to be released in end 2012) will depend on the Intel Pentium 5 architecture which will be a boost to the current sixteen core designs to obey Moore's law. Apple Mac will soon become a friend of MS as far as piracy is concerned, osx86 will be replaced soon as you will see.

Now as far as Internet is concerned, Google will win as fellows from MS are leaving for the G tag. Bing is a addition to the pile of **** that MS has produced. Just search "orkut" in bing and google which will reveal to you 3 secrets. Now try "myspace" and a 4th secret will be revealed.

What do you mean "osx86 will be replaced soon as you will see"?
Sure there's plenty of hackintoshes etc, but do note that apple doesn't depend money-wise from selling their OS. In fact, they don't even ask for license codes or serial numbers. What they're best at is hardware+software...

Uh.. Please do explain the 3 secrets and the 4th secret from bing.com (I've done the search and nothing interesting showed up...)

Personally I do see google as being the most innovative (they're even developing a new social platform, google wave - seems really nice).

Microsoft however has plenty of money/resources and can enter any market just by placing their bag of gold and buying up some competition. MS also has a LOT of followers, that will follow it blindly to wherever it goes (uhm.. check out some Microsoft VS Linux VS apple discussions, like the student one).

Apple is expanding nicely in the high-end of the notebook,smartphone market and has it's own load of fans :)