Google News Clone Suggestion

johncreena

Reaction score
Hi,

Guys, web-development is a hobby however I have an idea for which I need some expert advice before I dive into this.

Here is the idea. I want to build a site just like Google News for my region India. The content of the site would be RSS feeds from popular India News sites arranged into section say Business, Sports, National, Entertainment.

Each section say Sports would be a web-page which gets its content(feed)from Indian Sports Sites.

This section would be featured on the main page in its own "iframe" along with other similar iframes which displays their own web-page specific content (i.e. other categories such as business, entertainment etc).

A script from http://www.rss2html.com/ software would convert RSS feeds to HTML, search engine friendly content.

Now What I am confused about with this is that the script would convert RSS to HTML but will the search Engine such as Google be indexing that converted HTML content. Now the content would be 2-3 lines so even if Google indexes the 2-3 lines content, would that be enough for the SE to give it a good rank.

I understand the content may not be enough compared to other sites however the same news says "USAIN BOLT WINNING GOLD" would be featured many more times in my sports web-page although only 3-4 lines, so would that be good enough for Search Engines to give me a higher ranking or say even index my sites content when someone searches with similar search terms.

Moreover RSS feeds content changes continuously. Some news sites are updated 5 min, 10min, 15min .....etc so would the time frame be enough for Search Engines to index that specific content ("USAIN BOLT WINNING GOLD") to be able to throw it up in searches.

In general how often and how much a SE indexes a particular site once it is submitted to Search Engines.

In essence what I think is when I am getting content from other sites, and links to that sites (from where the content came) is would be using their page rank however even if this interpretation is wrong still my site should show in first couple of pages as it is getting multiple similar content from different sources (more keywords) as compared to a typical news site which has only one content.

Please throw some light on my idea.

Thank You.