Google Search Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Ok, I was searching Google and decided to see if it had indexed my site. I searched TheJeffsta and got no result. I then tried tjeffsta and got my website, yet it was when I had taken my index.html page down to update it.

How often does the Google Bot crawl through the x10hosting sites?

M

minievan

Hey Your On Habbo I see XD

Im not sure if the Bots do. You can get yourself on others By submitting your site
I shall post the Link later when I am on my home computer ;)

n4tec

Reaction score
Thats another hard one to predict. I guess the frequency of the visits depends on how important the search engine classes your site.

Some search engines also attempt to work out how often your pages update and figure this into their crawling schedule.

Just an addition to what i said above. Google bot usually does a crawl ever 5-10 days depending on the frequency you update your site. If you update it daily with rich content (like CNN) it may do it daily or hourly. You can set a tag to let the bot know how often to come back as well. It doesn't always follow that but it's a good start

Last edited:

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
minievan said:
Hey Your On Habbo I see XD

Im not sure if the Bots do. You can get yourself on others By submitting your site
I shall post the Link later when I am on my home computer ;)

Dude, Im basically, well my old sites atleast, in some search engines, its just Google I am more determined to get. Im in their index yet """""they cannot manually edit or delete websites off their index""""""" (they can, they just cant be stuffed!)

What they led me to believe was that they would regularly crawl the sites on their index. This search result was from last month (or the month before).

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
HA!!!!!!!!!!!! How rude of Google and its bot!

My Google listing has now for some reason just vanished! Ive search TheJeffsta and tjeffsta and tjeffsta.x10hosting.com and none of them have my site :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.