Google+ vs Facebook?

• Google+

Votes: 48 66.7%
  • Facebook

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters

Mitch

Reaction score
Who do you think is better? Google Plus (Google+) or Facebook?

I like a lot of products of Google. I use GMail, Calendar, Sites, YouTube, Maps and off course the Search engine itself. So i would go for Google.

But i haven't tried it out yet, because i got no invite...
There is a way to get an invite, but you need someone who already has an account.

Link: "Get on Google+ With This Invite Exploit" : http://www.pcworld.com/article/234897/get_on_google_with_this_invite_exploit.html#tk.hp_new

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Facebook is obviously the leader in the social networking.
As we know that the well established Orkut lost its place to Facebook in about 2 year time.
Also Facebook is constantly updating its ToS and security so that more and more companies are also investing into employing Software teams to monitor their own Facebook Fanpages..examples being Cocacola and many more.
Even we(X10Hosting) carefully configured Facebook pages.As I told before, Facebook overtook Orkut and many other social networking sites.So it proves that the first place is not a permanent position.
Google if it can advertize the Google+ and can attact/lure people in to it..may be who knows it can catch up.
But I think not in atleast a 2 year time..
What do you say?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
The only people (realistically) who I think would prefer Google+ are the "OMG FACEBOOK ARE COLLECTING INFORMATION LULZ DEEEERP" people, and Google is hardly any better. Google has made far too many social networks in the past, and all of them have failed; this isn't going to be an exception.

thunder11

Reaction score
Google's next aim is to get more targeted people for their advertiser by using user's profile, their interests like facebook. It will help them to win advertiser's faith and good revenue :) .Next good point about new features that Facebook lacks.... I've written in my post.. if u like to check this..http://tech9x.com/analysis/google-plus-googly-on-facebook/83/

Last edited:

edfungus

Reaction score
Google+ is decent and really is a lot like facebook.. but made by google. The limited users isn't really allowing the site to grow although this will keep issues on lower key from the public. I think google needs to implement their other service with google+ being the glue or central product. Right now its kinda boring since not many people have it and its basically just facebook.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Right now, I like where Google+ is going. Even if it doesn't come out the winner in the end, it is likely to change the game. The big difference is the concept of "circles" -- you can keep your family separate from your wild-and-crazy friends, you wild-and-crazy fiends from your responsible social groups, your service organisation memberships from your business/professional world, and so on. Facebook's ability to separate concerns like that is limited to say the least, and an absolute kludge to use -- I'd expect them to change that in response to Google's offering. And Hangouts beats the living crap out of event pages for anything smaller than a reunion or a convention.

Frankly, some of the things mentioned above as Facebook's "advantages" -- things like product pages and game apps -- are the things that I like least about Facebook. It's not so much that these things exist, but their implementation. I don't want a flurry of "OMG WTF LOL" flooding my feed because I want updates on seminar availability or new tutorials and so on. I stopped "liking" products a long time ago -- if I can get an RSS feed or a newsletter that isn't polluted by user comments, I'll use that; if not, well, I'll visit the company's site. And I simply de-friend anybody who insists on playing silly Zynga games or checking in with Foursquare -- I got tired of blocking apps.

And I do trust Google more than I trust Facebook -- they took a big slap in the face with the introduction of Buzz, and have learned that explicit opt-in is the right way to go. Facebook still hasn't gotten that message and require you to do explicit opt-out instead. I can always hand out more rights if I've forgotten somebody, but once something's in a search engine cache or on the Wayback Machine, it's out there forever and changing my privacy settings won't change a thing.

palmer-corp82

Reaction score
Google+ is decent and really is a lot like facebook.. but made by google. The limited users isn't really allowing the site to grow although this will keep issues on lower key from the public.

Yes that is a problem but isn't Google+ in it's closed beta testing stage? I'm sure soon enough it will become open beta testing soon enough. Case in point, Gmail. Gmail stayed open beta for years...

Personally, I'm hoping Google+ catches on, I'm getting pretty sick of Facebook's censorship, bugs and their new layouts (constantly changing).

Reaction score
I would say Facebook, because Google+ rips off a lot of features, and I would say FB is more user friendly.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
... and I would say FB is more user friendly.

User-friendly in what respect, might I ask? Is it that every messaging conversation you have with someone is now in the same thread, even if years go by between messages? Or maybe it's the way you need to call up an endless scroll list of people and individually set permissions for each person for your postings (no concept of "friend groups" or "circles"). Perhaps it's the random order of your home page feed items, or the never-relevant ads. Could it be the occasional reminder that you haven't chatted lately with that friend who passed away a couple of months ago? It took me three years of filing bug reports to get a very basic accessibility issue straightened out, and the moment the fix was in production, the new-new-new-new UI was rolled out, erasing the fix. Back to square one.

The fact that FB is better than any of the absolute crap that came before it doesn't make it good. Maybe with some competent competition they'll have to become good.

palmer-corp82

Reaction score
I would say Facebook, because Google+ rips off a lot of features...

I also have to say that Facebook isn't the first nor is it the most original social networking site either. It just happened to catch on quickly and get a lot of users (a lot of it from it's publicity and it's creation).

Darkmere

Reaction score
... and I would say FB is more user friendly.

I wouldnt go so far to say that. I have to help people on a daily basis doing simple stupid things like editing and deleting photos. Some of their features are poorly designed and make people jump through hoops to do them.

lllllllbob61

Reaction score
Is google planning to have Games like facebook?
Cause I only use facebook to play certain games.
Other wise I would not even use facebook.

* Someone needs to make a new search engine that gets the results from theirself, and not just copying results from google bing and yahoo. duckduckgo is encrypted search engine that doesn't track you. Unfortunately they just get results from bing and yahoo. NOT results from their own search bot. Same thing with every search engine on the net.
Make a real search engine somebody! with your own search bot! and not copy results!
.. but no.. please don't try to make a search engine on the free host.

IonCannon218

Reaction score
I just got Google+ a few hours ago and I must say I like the simplicity of the UI and design of Google+. I like the idea of Circles which can easily sort connections and also restrict postings to specific ranges of people like family only, friends only, business contacts only, or just simply all or some Circles. I think Google+ is much more user friendly than Facebook and still have a lot of potential. Privacy controls seems to be very easy to manage but we'll see in the future.

On the other hand, I've had Facebook since 2007 and after watching it change from simpler designs to more complicated which becomes just slow and annoying at times, I feel like Facebook is getting bloated and starting to lag behind.

Last edited:

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Haven't tried Google+ yet and not going to. I do have a Facebook but I never go on it since I find it to be really boring and dull. I don't really like any social network. but anyways, I'm pretty sure Google+ will not be as popular as Facebook. Look at MySpace

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Google + because it affect our site rank in search results. Facebook like button is useless nowadays.

infopage

Reaction score
I'm guessing you all haven't heard the news on how Facebook programmers hacked Google's Social network? Here's the story at Friday Traffic Blog..

..and if the rumors are true about Facebook's alleged plans to create a search engine version then Google is out of there, plus along the fact Facebook results show up up in Google causing googlers to ultimately end up using fb:rolleyes:

gangoos88

Reaction score
fcbk is User Friendly?? huh??....!!

well for me it's the most complicated and bogus site in the world..
i only don't like it..i just hate it..
for me this x10 forum is more good way to catch up with new friends and networking..

i don't know about g+, but i can say..wait for 2 more years..there WILL be a new social network which will beat that fc*kbook in every single way..

if anyone need g+ invites..pm me the emails..i will send the request..