Google+ vs Facebook?

• Google+

Votes: 48 66.7%
  • Facebook

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters

robbie.juds60

Reaction score
I'm guessing you all haven't heard the news on how Facebook programmers hacked Google's Social network? Here's the story at Friday Traffic Blog

I'm guessin you didn't check that out. Fail blog post. Has nothing to do with programmers at facebook. It says at the top "(not affiliated with Facebook)". It was done by some 3rd party. You can use it with the Better Facebook addon. FB already has groups or "circles" and you can choose who you share your posts with. Most people probably find it hard to use because they've got 500 friends to go through that they've randomly added over time. Of course it's easy in google+ when you just signed up and only have 5 friends. Also assuming the million people already signed up at google+ didn't care about the message you see when signing up that said google can not protect your privacy. It's completely up to you right now protect it. People jump on the bandwagon all the time without knowing any details about what they're doing. I don't check my FB very often myself. I find it annoying people believe that everyone cares what they're doing every minute of the day.

Tipex

Reaction score
Google + is better, but a lot of people are now in facebook, and for google is difficult to take people :S, after testing google + i can say google + will be the better social site this year :p

infopage

Reaction score
I'm guessin you didn't check that out. Fail blog post. Has nothing to do with programmers at facebook. It says at the top "(not affiliated with Facebook)". It was done by some 3rd party. You can use it with the Better Facebook addon. FB already has groups or "circles" and you can choose who you share your posts with. Most people probably find it hard to use because they've got 500 friends to go through that they've randomly added over time. Of course it's easy in google+ when you just signed up and only have 5 friends. Also assuming the million people already signed up at google+ didn't care about the message you see when signing up that said google can not protect your privacy. It's completely up to you right now protect it. People jump on the bandwagon all the time without knowing any details about what they're doing. I don't check my FB very often myself. I find it annoying people believe that everyone cares what they're doing every minute of the day.

Of course I read it! The post title is just a classic case of an internet marketer using a catchy headline to draw potential readers in to -in this case- a story about an app..

I agree with you about most Fb users having alot of friends to sift through. And in relation to this I just saw yesterday that Google+ is now limiting the number of ppl a user can invite to 150. But of course users are getting around this by opening several different acounts :rolleyes:

That's an interesting point you have:
people believe that everyone cares what they're doing every minute of the day..
I believe its more of a case of ppl portraying a persona that they would like the world to see them as...whether its a personal profile or a business one it all boils down to being a type of promotion.

Gindolaras

Reaction score
For sure Facebook, it stay my favorite and it is favorite in future! Dont want use multy sites social profiles!

Bigbucks2528

Reaction score
I say Facebook is best, I see Google+ as another attempt by Google to rule the world. I have a theory that before the end of time, Google will own the universe. My friend also has a theory Google is SkyNet :p

Darkmere

Reaction score
I say Facebook is best, I see Google+ as another attempt by Google to rule the world. I have a theory that before the end of time, Google will own the universe. My friend also has a theory Google is SkyNet :p

lol

Gonrah

Reaction score
Google's first attempts to create a social network were not very successful, but now I think that this titan is able to beat anyone on his territory (the Internet) just as he won the battle against the other browsers with Chrome.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I have to say this is all well and interesting but the real key (might have been said before) is who is using what. Google has to bring some big time features to lure the first 100 million or so users from facebook but after that if its good people will go with them if their friends are using it. The problem google faces is it is late in the game so it needs to get people to switch rather than join which is in my mind quite a bit more of a chalenge. Buzz was terrible and was part of gmail so it was more like an upgraded email thing rather than a social network.

mynirvanagrunge16

Reaction score
I've attended a seminar about Google+, it has a lot of exciting features and I think on the near future it will surpass facebook.

chev_camaro8632

Reaction score
i personaly think its all messed up. ive been on google+ for a while and so far not very impressed with it, i dont use facebok as there is plenty of things wrong with it so just stopped using it..

i do like google+ and the ease it has. i could reccommend quite a few things they could change

but in overall i think facebook is gonna be the main source for at least the next year or 2

(if anyone is interested in a g+ account i have plenty of invite so PM me)

theansweris42

Reaction score
I think Google+ will one day reign supreme.

Why? Google really seems to have privacy down pat. Putting aside the exceptions of the Google Buzz incident (which, frankly, if you were paying attention, nothing should have happened) and the whole 'the privacy policy lets people read my emails!!!!111!1one!' issue (which is sheer ignorance), Google has a spotless record of proper privacy.

Facebook...well...I don't think I need to go into this, but there are constantly stories and issues going around with nothing ever getting deleted from Facebook and privacy settings going haywire and whatnot. Regardless of the TRUTH of these issues, it has put into the public mind the perception that Facebook is irresponsible with the data it is given.

With Google+'s Circles system, people can feel significantly more confident that information is going out ONLY to those people they want it to. Is there any surprise in the fact that within days of Google+'s release, a Facebook engineer* copied the interface and made it into a Facebook app for putting people into groups? Sure, those groups always did exist, but again, it's not the truth that matters, it's the perception. (And from what I hear, many of these issues at least are true.)

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Facebook will become deserted by the end of the year; not by a long shot. Facebook, I'm sure, will be with us for years and years to come. But eventually, even though Facebook literally controls the market in this sector, with improvements to Google+ and a public release, I think it has incredible potential to rise above Facebook in users, ease of use, and activity.

*Was it a Facebook engineer? Don't have the time to check my facts, but if someone else wants to prove me wrong with some convincing article, PM me and I'd be happy to right my wrong. (But make sure you PM me; I'm not subscribing to this thread!)