Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • It's to soon to tell.

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

aaronj10

Reaction score
Well, as many of you may have read recently, Google, a fastly growing corperation, it taking some major steps ahead.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently, Google, the well known Search Engin, has come out with a Browser, known as Google Chrome.
"They (google)-were very smart in how they advertised it through the well known search engin, leaving bits and pieces of "Download Google Chrome for a better online Experiance" everywere you searched Jared, 37 of Microsoft says.
But now, to manys supprise, Google is makeing an Operateing system (G-OS).
That's somthing that opened many viewers eyes, and is still to this exact minute.
What is with Google, and their sudden jump to intellegence?
I personally think that somthing is going on, that they (Google) have gotten their hands on somthing they should never've seen.
Not too often, or better yet rarely ever will you see a Jr. Corp. IE. Google, try to make it known as Microsoft the Grandfather, as a rival.
What do you think X10?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Lol, they're always up to something. If they ever stopped, they'd go out of business. So I voted yes, they're up to something, but I doubt they're up to anything extraordinary.

mattura

Reaction score
They're up to something, but it's not code that they have stolen...they write better code than MS anyway, so why would they want to steal the code? They re-wrote the javascript engine from scratch for Chrome (Note it IS a fair bit faster than IE).

Therefore I voted "no".

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think Google is up to anything bad, but they are up to something. What they're up to, who knows, but we'll have to wait and see.

taha116

Reaction score
Well, as many of you may have read recently, Google, a fastly growing corperation, it taking some major steps ahead.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently, Google, the well known Search Engin, has come out with a Browser, known as Google Chrome.
"They (google)-were very smart in how they advertised it through the well known search engin, leaving bits and pieces of "Download Google Chrome for a better online Experiance" everywere you searched Jared, 37 of Microsoft says.
But now, to manys supprise, Google is makeing an Operateing system (G-OS).
That's somthing that opened many viewers eyes, and is still to this exact minute.
What is with Google, and their sudden jump to intellegence?
I personally think that somthing is going on, that they (Google) have gotten their hands on somthing they should never've seen.
Not too often, or better yet rarely ever will you see a Jr. Corp. IE. Google, try to make it known as Microsoft the Grandfather, as a rival.
What do you think X10?

if all the stuff i bolded is actually from people who work from microsoft they are only making people worried so people will stick with windos.. Everyone knows windows sucks and microsoft is a marketing company not a software company... Google ownz the internet world though when it comes to marketing, they are just way too big. Not richer probably, but popular they are.

I think googles up to something too but whatever the microsoft people are implying is only to save their own hides.

I would love to try G-OS any day. It will probably own windows.

Last edited:

nterror

Reaction score
G-OS is an operating system for people who spend a lot of time on the web. It will be targeted towards netbooks, and will use the Linux kernel. Apps will also be web based.

This just sounds like Moblin to me.

I don't think Google is up to anything, the OS will probably take their current web apps and bring them all together in a desktop environment.

Last edited:

redivy

Reaction score
Yeah. They are always doing something. What do you think they do in those huge headquarters all day long?

Anyways, G-OS can seem predictable. I have heard news about it before... and Google.com is the #1 most visited site on the web, so, they are perfectly capable.

vstafford

Reaction score
My feedback on this is google is up to something but nothing bad always good i am a big fan of google and i support google. my three points are. google chrome is one of the quickest browsers i have ever used, it is stable, easy to use, and one of the best applications that google has come out the bad part about google chrome is it lacks features i don't think google is done with chrome well i hope they are not. my ultimate favorite browser is FireFox it is fast, open source and have a lot features.i don't really now much about cloud or google version of an OS but what i have herd that it is a Linux based system with all of googles application installed like google desktop apps gmail and etc all in one system. it is mostly for netbooks and very basic work i don't think it can't compare to visa, xp or x (mac) due to thease operating systems are mostly advanced OS systems . last but not least google uses there own programing code and is a Major support team to the GNU license like like Linux and open source applications. Microsoft on the other hand is not so they are very limited to them self and only used for people who prefer and easy and world operated OS. google is more than a search engine it's the future.

thank you
(sorry for the bad grammer)
vstafford

redivy

Reaction score
Google started out as a search engine. It became much, much more than just that.

I'm sure they are going to develop some sort of huge project, like an OS.

zapzack

Reaction score
Google is always up to something.. They have one motto.. Own everything or go home.. So that's what they are doing.. They will soon surpass everyone.. They already have Youtube, Google Search, Gmail, Myspace, what's next.. Oh wait.. Google OS.. Can you say Monopoly?

mattura

Reaction score
I don't mind them having a monopoly on stuff you can get for free...if they suddenly make us pay for anything, I'll not use google any more.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
They know enough not to make us pay for stuff. ;)
Because of the way the web works, there will always be at least one other competitor in any area. As long as that competitor exists offering a free service, Google will go down fast if it starts charging.

Take for example Zoho. Their web suite is just about as good as gGoogle's. The same with Microsoft Live for windows users. Either one of these would have no trouble over taking most of Google's customers if Google starts charging.

The web is a free world and Google knows that very well.

mattura

Reaction score
Yep, and the same will happen if they increase their advertising/make it more 'in your face'

stitchrokcs

Reaction score
I would say yes they are up to something because they are linking with major sites such as youtube. They have their own email (gmail) and now their own browser. If google releases its own OS tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Google would make a good hardware supplier. They, I'm sure, have billions of servers worldwide that handle a massive load. I bet they know how to put together a great system :).

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice, that makes each computer more self reliant. A battery can go bad and only one of the servers goes down. No problem in one of those giant facilities.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd like to see how their databases are setup. I'm sure there's terabytes of information in them.