Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • It's to soon to tell.

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

tridge

Reaction score
Switching to the HTC Hero when it comes to Sprint :D (Android)

hiointernat

Reaction score
Google's probably always up to something, recently they put out a new browser, a new operating system, a new messaging system, and soon-to-be a new way to communicate via the internet.

I enjoy Google's products, but that doesn't mean that I trust them as a company. After all, the government is big on tracking information on the web, and Google is definitely go-to entity for that.

kcngkc

Reaction score
Definitely Google is up to something. The way I see it Google is very close to tipping point of dominate the IT Services for business as well as person.
This is the exact reason why Microsoft combine force with Yahoo.

steronius

Reaction score
I didnt read all of the posts, maybe it was already mentioned...

Have you ever used google Docs? It sounds like a magic app, but i dont really know anyone using it. Heard of Amazon S3? Cheap online storage. This is cloud computing. Mix this with web 2.0

I'm certain "cloud computing" is Google's direction. everything on the web, just like the old days where your computer (any computer) is your dumb terminal, and the "cloud" (i.e. the internet) is your server.

used to be an AS400 in your building and green screens all around the office, well this is the next generation of server/client.

It will be Google OS, running Google Chrome, running Google Docs, Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Earth and every other Google App there is.

add what they are calling "Web 2.0" and everything is cross-reference, linked and directly accessible. Add the fact fact that google records your search history unless you opt-out.

Double edged sword -- a dream to a end-user; a dream to a hacker (or the gov't).

mattura

Reaction score
Add the fact fact that google records your search history unless you opt-out.

I've heard this a few times before, however when I checked google didn't record my search history unless I opted in.

Maybe that's just me...

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
I didnt read all of the posts, maybe it was already mentioned...

Have you ever used google Docs? It sounds like a magic app, but i dont really know anyone using it. Heard of Amazon S3? Cheap online storage. This is cloud computing. Mix this with web 2.0

I'm certain "cloud computing" is Google's direction. everything on the web, just like the old days where your computer (any computer) is your dumb terminal, and the "cloud" (i.e. the internet) is your server.

used to be an AS400 in your building and green screens all around the office, well this is the next generation of server/client.

It will be Google OS, running Google Chrome, running Google Docs, Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Earth and every other Google App there is.

add what they are calling "Web 2.0" and everything is cross-reference, linked and directly accessible. Add the fact fact that google records your search history unless you opt-out.

Double edged sword -- a dream to a end-user; a dream to a hacker (or the gov't).

Not looking forward to getting hacked!! >> Double edged sword -- a dream to a end-user; a dream to a hacker (or the gov't). Quote