Google's Browser Project, 'Chrome'

guardianrobotics

Reaction score
I've tried Google Chrome and so far I like it.
The interface seems well thought out and I like the speed.

Powerbuilders

Reaction score
Well, it's great that there's another competitor in the browser market these days. Gives us users better choices.

Cobol to Java

Reaction score
Chrome is good. But I have a lot of extensions, like Roboform, which is not supported on chrome yet. So it's still Firefox for me, until that happens.

fguy64

Reaction score
Chrome is an awesome browser. I'll never go back to Internet Explorer or Firefox. Chrome blows the doors off of both of them, both in performance and efficiency of use. Combine it with a google account, GMail, and the gmail notifier, and you are rocking. The interface takes a little getting used to, but once you get past that it's great. Another point is that it makes better use of space than Internet Explorer, so the viewing area is bigger.

tridge

Reaction score
I use Chrome as much as possible but there are so many add-ons that do not work well with it yet. The Facebook Advanced photo uploader, x10hosting cpanel and a lot more...

What I really dislike is that you have to click "log out" of everything you log into and you have to clear the browsing history manually, I like how Firefox has the option to clear private data on exit which then logs you out of everything.

fguy64

Reaction score
I use Chrome as much as possible but there are so many add-ons that do not work well with it yet. The Facebook Advanced photo uploader, x10hosting cpanel and a lot more...

What I really dislike is that you have to click "log out" of everything you log into and you have to clear the browsing history manually, I like how Firefox has the option to clear private data on exit which then logs you out of everything.

Duly noted on the logout issue. However, both the x10 cpanel and facebook advanced photo uploader work fine for me.

Don't know about cpanel, but photo uploader is just a java app. Some people have had trouble getting java to work with Chrome, I've had to play with my Mum's PC to get java to work with chrome, but no problems on others including my own. Other plugins such as adobe reader, adobe flash, Youtube whatever, also work fine for me.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
^What?

I've tried Chrome, and while it is fast, it's too simple for me, plus there's no way to block ads. I still haven't found out where the bookmarks are (except for a new tab, which is annoying).

I'm staying with Firefox for now.

fguy64

Reaction score
Bookmarks are configurable through the same menu as all of the configuration options. :)

fguy64

Reaction score
I am starting to notice problems with Chrome and some types of forms.

For example, I cannot use Chrome with the browser based admin function on my linksys router. Also, I participate in a number of forums, and sometimes I cannot update my profile with Chrome, but I can with IE.