Got error 28 from storage engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggius

Reaction score
Hi, today randomly my blog categories are all gone and tags are messed up and so are another widget. I went into phpmyadmin to check it out. I tried to edit a wordpress table and it gives this error: #1030 - Got error 28 from storage engine. I checked google which leads me here: http://drupal.org/node/44160

apparently the problem is "MySQL doesn't have any free hard disk space to write to. Check your /tmp directory, that's where I had run into problems. I had forgot to make my backup script delete older backups and it kept writing backups until the disk was full."

I just read this post from Corey yesterday (http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/117437-mysql-update.html) saying they are working on MySQL and "I delayed this for a few hours to take additional backups. So this will happen sometime tonight depending on your server."

Is this the problem? The backups used all the disk space and now there is no room for MySQL?

Is x10 aware of this issue and what can I do to fix my website? will the categories and other stuff in my wordpress database show up again once x10hosting addresses this problem or should i upload my backup from 2 weeks ago now so that things work again?

thanks for any help

daggius

Reaction score
nvm , now i cant even get to my urls so i guess x10 is still doing stuff to sql and whatever

daggius

Reaction score
this problem still persists

my account got suspended for high resource usage, which is what always happens when x10 is messing with the servers, and now after unsupending it the mysql is still messed up; categories and other important info missing from my wordpress

help pls

Last edited:

tfteam

Reaction score
You should just wait until they finish working with the SQL... I'm getting the same errors since 2pm my local time. I was even in the middle of writing posts for my forums when the errors started.

Hopefully by tomorrow morning everything should be back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.