Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

A QUAD core is recommended. No more good old days of running GTA on the bare minimum. I don't plan on getting this game just because I don't have 18 GB of space to spare, and I've only got a 2.33 GHZ C2D

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It's great to hear this! My system is already more than capable (overkill actually) for GTA4, so if I ever do get into GTA4, I'll certainly buy it. If not I know a few friends of mine who would love to play it if I were to get it. I was wondering when this was going to be coming out to PC anyways, as I didn't hear anything about a delay.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Although the recommended requirements are high, at least we can be assured that it won't be a lousy direct port from console to PC (which always has horrible results).

But like I said that's just recommended, I'm sure you're given the option to tune down certain settings

ICash4Life

Reaction score
If you dont even have that good of a computer, just get it for the 360, and buy a 360 also. It costs more than buying the PC version, which would be around $50 or more than that, even though on 360 it gives more of a feel than on PC. To me that is.

exemption

Reaction score
damn dude this is going to be an insane game..my computer isnt capable though

Sohail

Reaction score
I don't think it would be worth it on PC... PS3 is best for it because of it's configuration and hardware :).

Eth3re4l

Reaction score
How about a Pentium 4 3.6GHz? Im sure that will work, right? :biggrin:
I have everything else covered, except this new service pack 3, when does that come?

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
How about a Pentium 4 3.6GHz? Im sure that will work, right? :biggrin:
I have everything else covered, except this new service pack 3, when does that come?

Might work, but expect some FPS loss when physics start happening. I hope Rockstar or whoever is the developer placed true multi-core multithreading support in this game and not something that only uses a fourth of my total system capacity (CPU + GPU) like all other games.

xPlozion

Reaction score
meh, played it on the xbox, got boring... pc could handle it, with the exception of the gpu... i've got xfx 8400gs (512MB). it can barely handle cod:waw.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
meh, played it on the xbox, got boring... pc could handle it, with the exception of the gpu... i've got xfx 8400gs (512MB). it can barely handle cod:waw.

Well yeah. An 8400GS is considered a low end gaming card/budget card. The gaming cards are things in the 8** series, such as the 8800GT/Ultra, 9800GX2, and the GTX280.

xPlozion

Reaction score
Well yeah. An 8400GS is considered a low end gaming card/budget card. The gaming cards are things in the 8** series, such as the 8800GT/Ultra, 9800GX2, and the GTX280.

darn... i shoulda figured... i'll look up newegg for most inexpensive brand (taking reviews into account) ;). if u got any sugg let me know ;)

what do you think of:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130339
i've already got an evga mobo w/ quad core proc, 4gb ram, etc, and i've heard evga's support is one of, if not _THE_ best out there.

Last edited:

isakoveli

Reaction score
i am so ready for this, since it is on pc, there will be a lot of custom made mods :)

scottnj

Reaction score
It's great to hear this! My system is already more than capable (overkill actually) for GTA4, so if I ever do get into GTA4, I'll certainly buy it. If not I know a few friends of mine who would love to play it if I were to get it. I was wondering when this was going to be coming out to PC anyways, as I didn't hear anything about a delay.

Trade you computers. Mine would probably Freeze up so bad that my Bedroom would turn into an icicle. I have 1x Intel Celeron 2.4GHz w/ 768MB RAM and an 80GB HD. But that is good enough for me because I don't do any hardcore gaming on it.

THe heaviest program on it is Archicad 12.

fempower

Reaction score
I hope it runs decently on the min specs; I definitely want to play this.

ICash4Life

Reaction score
Hah that sucks for system requirements. I hate that too man. But I dont care. GTA IV for Xbox 360 is awesome!
Its like the FIRST ever GTA game on XBOX 360, the other games were on play stations, which i got addicted to after playing 360 for a few months, then i went back to 360 playing custom games on halo 3 and other games.