Guest Posting= Yes or No??

btfog

Reaction score
I'm opening a new phpbb3 forum and was wondering what everybody thought about guest posting? I'm debating whether to allow it.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm opening a new phpbb3 forum and was wondering what everybody thought about guest posting? I'm debating whether to allow it.

No, You will get lot of spam by allowing guest posting.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
even w/ the verification code

Verification Code is a Good option. No worry about spam with that.

But why you want to allow guest posting? you don`t want members to register?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Also that verification codes aren't foolproof - there's a lot of bots that use services where you enter a verification code to receive access to a download. But that verification code isn't at the service in question - it's on your blog.

The sad thing is I'm more than aware of the service in question - it's a nasty <fleep!> if there ever was one, and it's why guest posting should be outright forbidden.

btfog

Reaction score
Verification Code is a Good option. No worry about spam with that.

But why you want to allow guest posting? you don`t want members to register?

It isn't that i dont want them to register, i just want to promote posting and make it easier

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
To be honest, I did this, it was stupid as it created a huge volume of spam, A good option is to not try it at all!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
And if you want a good community, you want users that will post often. If a user takes the time to register, he is more likely to comeback.