gzip backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

theascended

Reaction score
A number of weeks ago, the option to download a gzip backup of my home directory disappeared from CPanel. I very much liked this feature because it gave me the added security of having my own local backup. Is this option simply not available anymore or is there some way I can still access it?

glen290

Reaction score
Vanished off mine too, and could really do with it right now after changing from free to paid hosting

Reaction score
You can FTP them from the server to your computer. When the new cPanel theme was released so was a new back up feature which is stored on the server.

theascended

Reaction score
Every time I try to ftp my files I get auto banned by the firewalls for 30(?)minutes, no to mention trying to download individual files that aren't compressed easily takes 5 times longer. Is there any way I can compress my home directory and ftp that file?

theascended

Reaction score
Since there doesn't seem to be a solution forthcoming I used cron jobs to get the backup in the format I want. If I leave the cron job there to run once a week (it only take about 3 seconds to run), will I get in trouble or is this considered ok by the server management staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.