Haha, decrypt this....[10 points]

dsfreak

Reaction score
Well, taking from engimas post, I will create an encrypted file, and you must decrypt it. The file comes as .exe, and will decrypt the file inside. Don't worry, it is virus safe. If you wish so badly, I will take a video of AVG scanning the file.

Anyhow, 10 points to the person that can crack the password, using the provided hint.

Contest will end ONE WEEK FROM THIS SECOND... Making it end

Tuesday, Feburary 14th, 2006 and 9:18 and 00 seconds... MST.

Edit: For those too "oblivious" to understand, I will post the hint, which is in the file:

"I will do my work tomorrow... Or the next day... Or the next...So on.

This one is REALLY easy, but they will get MUCH harder... Here we go!:

http://files.filefront.com/10pointsexe/;4735123;;/fileinfo.html

Last edited:

dsfreak

Reaction score
Forgot to mention... If you get it, post the word you used, as well as the text inside if the file that was saved. Default, it will be 10points.txt in whatever directory the decrypter is in.

swirly

Reaction score
i think i know what it is but i cant do i dont think cause im at school ima try!

dsfreak

Reaction score
No, it is not never. Every letter someone asks me to give out will take one point away from the prize. Would you like a letter? Swirly, you can just post the word, but you will need to PM me it, and it must be spelled correctly.

swirly

Reaction score
poo i thought it was*********** but i guess not ( or i spelt it wrong)

Last edited:

dsfreak

Reaction score
First letter is p. Anyone got a guess?

[9 points now]

B

Brandon

paradox? But it doesn't work

Brute force time!

Last edited by a moderator:

dsfreak

Reaction score
Ok, it is, 14 letters long! For this, I wont take off points, since I want to be nice. ;-)

Anyhow, bruteforcing will not work, the program will lock-up if you put in the wrong password too many times in a short time.

B

Brandon

It will work, don't ask. (Brute Forcing) There are ways around that.

dsfreak

Reaction score
Go ahead and try. I was kidding anyways. Anyhow, you shouldn't get full points, thats cheating. You have to use your mind. This time, I will let it go, but, next time, you wont get the points if you bruteforce.

B

Brandon

Crap, what is the program doing. It rearranged my desktop icons and moved all my folders around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dsfreak

Reaction score
It isn't doing anything.... It has no virus, and is not trojan, worm, anything. It is a simple encryp. program.

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
Code:
This file was successfully decrypted. Decryption code:

495jvj45jv94j549435j34j3498570xc5nc7vn32098gj7c0vn8v235890759832745v9823bn9bbbnnvdfghksldfghksdfgbksbgi4yt9ah9f48ht984ht98pdshgio4

Keyword =Procrastinator