Hai i'm new

Lunge

Reaction score
Hey i'm new to x10hosting, .. :p
i'm having some problems uploading my content, and allthough i managed to get my index.html up, the rest of my website doesn't seem to be working.
I've prolly uploaded them in the wrong folder, so i was wondering if anyone could point me to a guide that explains where to upload your images etc in cPanel, for example the public_html and the www thingies both have an image folder... whats the difference?

also, howcome some of my images get uploaded the way they're supposed to, while some of em(in the same dir/folder) get marked as text/x-generic rather than .jpg

Thnx in advance! :p
-Lunge

cclworld

Reaction score
You did not write your website URL. However, You can upload all files under public_html folder. If you upload a.jpg under public_html folder, a.jpg can be accessed by anyone from here : http://yoursite.com/a.jpg . Like this you can make folders under public_html folder.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome to x10Hosting, Lunge!
It appears to be you have successfully uploaded some files. The www/public_html directories both point to lunge.pcriot.com.
:)

Lunge

Reaction score
Hm, ye i've got half of it to work, but howcome for example in my photo album, my 3 images won't load? i've uploaded the .jpg files (in the same way as the index.html for example) my header.jpg works just fine.

in cPanel "Kip1.jpg" (chicken1, sample image :p) gets "text/x-generic" (what exactly does that mean? did i do something wrong while uploading?)
while my header.jpg gets "image/x-generic" unther TYPE

i don't really know what i did wrong
:)P well actually since the code works at my desktop, its prolly uploading that i'm doing wrong)
some help would be nice though

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Welcome to x10Hosting Lunge. I hope you enjoy your stay with us, and get that problem sorted.

I have no idea why images aren't being uploaded correctly, but I think it must be a problem at your end (Try using FTP).