Half life 1-2 + Futures

rmaslic

Reaction score
This is a discussion about half life 1 and 2 as well as the future of half life. All are welcome to discuss.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rolyin

Reaction score
Usually the poster makes a comment for people to say something to.......

warlordste

Reaction score
what are your best bits you like about the games and which one would you prefer half life 1 or 2 :) there you go theres some thing to comment about :)

eliasr

Reaction score
Half life have a great future, the Episode 3 could be the great final, i dont think so, maybe just for one side of the history, here we are a lot of characteres that have history to tell.

hermanthebold

Reaction score
It looks like they're going to be merging a bit of the Portal story with Episode 3. The general consensus I can tell from the gaming press is that Episode 3 is going to be the last of the HL2 episodes (this may well have actually been stated explicitly) and that there will be a Half Life 3. After all, Valve wouldn't want to give up their baby, now would they? :p

It's a great game with some very interesting story behind it, and I always have a lot of fun charging through the new eps when they come out. It's a shame there is such a big gap between each release though.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like they're going to be merging a bit of the Portal story with Episode 3. The general consensus I can tell from the gaming press is that Episode 3 is going to be the last of the HL2 episodes (this may well have actually been stated explicitly) and that there will be a Half Life 3. After all, Valve wouldn't want to give up their baby, now would they? :p

It's a great game with some very interesting story behind it, and I always have a lot of fun charging through the new eps when they come out. It's a shame there is such a big gap between each release though.

That's right! Valve has gone so far enough to still be using a 10 year old game engine and simply adding more things onto it. And it still produces high quality games such as Team Fortress 2 that are awesome.

Mongoose92

Reaction score
The Half Life series is, in my opinion, by far one of the best series around, the fact that they have made so many expansions etc and it still sells is incredible.

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Half Life 1 was very good in his time, well graphic vs computer needed.. Half Life 2 was even better on that side. I remember when it first came out, I was playing on an old computer and even at lowest settings it was still good looking. And a good physic engine was awesome too.

So about the future, I hope Half Life 3 will impress us again. Will it be graphics, game engine, or anything else. I just hope we'll talk about it for years once again.

hamsn

Reaction score
Does anyone know about the Jumbot mod?
Is there a newer version for the same?

jeffrios

Reaction score
I'm just kinda irritated that Valve hasn't even released EP3 yet. The HL2 engine is now outdated and unacceptable for the release of EP3. We are still probably 1+ year away from EP3.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm just kinda irritated that Valve hasn't even released EP3 yet. The HL2 engine is now outdated and unacceptable for the release of EP3. We are still probably 1+ year away from EP3.

The Source Engine itself is very flexible. It's already on Build 14, so when HL3 does come out, the Source Engine build will probably be upgraded. Look at Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead. Great looking graphics despite the age of the engine.

enraged

Reaction score
The Source engine will most likely be updated thoroughly for EP3, if it ever comes out.

Graphics should be the icing, not the whole cake.