Halo Side Scrolling Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose

Reaction score
Filefront.com said:
Description:
Halo Zero is a fan-created side-scrolling tribute to Halo. A lot of work has gone into this, making it as close to the game as possible. Things like shields, campaign/multiplayer, and weapon sounds appear to be almost directly from the original game. Here are some of the features:

-Campaign (with all 4 difficulties) and Multiplayer-
For the most part, campaign maps take place on Reach (from the book The Fall Of Reach), and have you running around killing Covenant, driving Warthogs, and saving generators from Covie bombs. Multiplayer maps are mostly from the original Halo (Blood Gulch, Death Island, Ice Fields, etc.) but also include Zanzibar and Derelict. Don't get too excited, however; these maps are fairly small and, of course, side scrolling. The multiplayer maps have instant respawn times, several weapons to choose from, teleporters, and multiple levels.

-Weapons, Marines, and Enemies-
There are many weapons from the game as well, with authentic sounds and clip sizes, but shorter reload times and less variation in strengths/weaknesses. There is even the option to melee your opponents when in close combat. You will also kill enemies in Shade turrets, although you cannot use it yourself, and drive a Warthog while controlling the gunner. So far, the weapons I've noticed (all usable) include:
-Assault Rifle (much more accurate, but still somewhat weak)
-Pistol
-Shotgun
-Rocket Launcher
-Plasma Rifle
-Needler (needles don't stick, but function like bullets)
-Plasma Pistol
-Grenades (Frag and Plasma)
Enemies range from Grunts (both Red and Yellow) and Jackals to red and blue Elites, and even Hunters (although they come alone, not in pairs; try using grenades). There are also the usual Marines, which follow you through short sections before jumping to another level leaves them behind.

Overall this game does have a bit of length to it, as well as replay value. Because it is not simply a 2D version of Halo, the worlds and objectives are (somewhat) new, and the development of this game was done very well. The music sounds like a MIDI file, and is distinctly a Halo tune. This is definately a recommended download, and at only around 20 MB won't take up much hard drive space. Whether you're a Halo PC or Xbox fan, this is worth playing at least once through.

Dobermann said:
Required Configuration:
>> A 1ghz Processor
>> 256mb of RAM
>> 22mb free disk space
>> A mouse
>> A high speed internet connection

This file has an installer.

The controls are somewhat weird, but this game is great.

Also, the game is in Spanish.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited by a moderator:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
already got it, weeks before this post haha
yeah it is a really good side scrolling game i was suprised
i got stuck on that bomb level since i kept running out of time as i fought those stupid elites, but after that i finally beat it

the blowing up banshee part was fun

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
Awsome game, i love it when they turn FPS into Scrolling game like the HL2 Side scrolling game they made!

moose

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure it had to take a lot of time and dedication.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
XUnreal said:
omg go into the options and change the language *durr*

Lol, I am a retard. I'm going to check right now, lol. If I can change it to english I am going to hit a few games of it up. :)

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Ok, this time I got far. I got to the part where you have to rescue the guy from the castle. Lol, may not be far, but I don't know how long the game is. :p Anyways, yeah, that's where I got to. :p

like2program

Reaction score
eh.. there is no way I am going to download a game in spanish is there an english version?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll check this game out in a little bit. But I only wish it was in English so I don't have to hurt my mind to translate it :(

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hi moose,

I edited your post because it had some markup that wasn't showing right. All the original content is still there though.

-Luke.

abcisaac

Reaction score
I have heard of this before--sounds like a lot of fun! Does anyone know--how did they make this? Some of that game-making software a la klik-n-play? I can imagine it would take a lot of work. Look forward to trying it out later when I get off work.

Clinton

Reaction score
I downloaded it a few months ago. For some reason the framerate was all messed up for me. Anyone else experiencing such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.