Have you ever had surgery, if so what?

otherside

Reaction score
So I just had emergency surgery due to my right lung collapsing (Doesn't that make me sound old!), and was wondering what surgeries you all have had to endure! It can be anything from something severe, to just ear tubes; if they call it a surgery, its valid!
-theotherside

Calipe

Reaction score
I m healthy as a top athlete now, I work out everyday, and one day will become a professional Bodybuilder.
Last July, I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. I had to go through surgery to get my left testicle removed. The good thing about it was that now I'm really healthy, and completely cured.
That was a truly life changing experience, it makes you appreciate life as one of the most valuable things we have.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I broke my arm and had to have surgery done on it.
I got to the hospital at 6pm, waited until midnight, surgery was supposed to be done at 1am, went until 4am, got out of the hospital at noon, and enjoyed the rest of my vacation with a cast. Only good thing about that was I didn't have to pay a penny for anything. Apparently health care is free in Denmark

Xemnas

Reaction score
I haven't had surgery yet (lucky me!), but I probably will have some skin grafts done to get rid of all the moles I have (and I have a LOT). Wonder if anyone's had botox injections here.

Swiblet

Reaction score
I fell down ugly playing basketball and the inside of my right knee got totally shredded. The major repair was an ACL ligament tear, but the cartilage and other ligaments were damaged as well. They had to take a piece of a completely healthy tendon to substitute as a ligament and screw it in one end, pin it on in the other. I am currently in the last stage of rehabilitation and I play basketball almost completely normally. It just feels strange walking down stairs and when I do extreme agility feats, but that should go away soon when my tendon registers that it is a ligament.

The bed-stage of recuperation was HELL!! D:

~~B3N

otherside

Reaction score
I m healthy as a top athlete now, I work out everyday, and one day will become a professional Bodybuilder.
Last July, I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. I'm really healthy, and completely cured.
That was a truly life changing experience, it makes you appreciate life as one of the most valuable things we have.
I completely understand. The first day I was able to walk (if you could call it that) I couldn't believe how grateful I was that I could now move to a certain extent. The sad thing is that I knew I would take it for granted once I was better, so I'm really trying not.

Hazirak

Reaction score
Been under the knife a couple times. Last time was to get those wisdom teeth out, I'm sure a lot of people can agree that ice cream takes on a whole new meaning after that. :)

I also ended up in surgery before I was even a year old after being diagnosed with cancer (neuroblastoma, for anyone who wants to know or just feels like looking it up!). Thankfully, treatment never had to go beyond removing the tumor, but I suppose I'm one of the absurdly lucky ones as far as cancer cases go. It's definitely something I'm thankful for.

sunils

Reaction score
Lucky till now. didnt have any major surgeries. but was operated in hips during my younger days.

tgkprog

Reaction score
adenoids - nose surgery; removed tonsils . both were ok. except during the tonsils the doc felt compelled to wake me up and show me my tonsils! apparently sometimes they get told nothign was done. of course it could be just some goey stuff he showed me ...

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
I had all my wisdom teeth removed [and I'm only 16!] during two separate surgeries.

I had one of them taken out back in 2004-ish. Then I got the other 3 taken out last summer. They IV'd me so I fell asleep and they moved me and I didn't even notice. I had a nice big bruise from the 2nd surgery.

oiwio

Reaction score
I have not ever had surgery unless you count have a camera down your throat surgery, but I do plan on becoming a surgeon someday, no idea what kind yet though

cityeyes

Reaction score
Yes, I had a really big surgery on my spine to correct an extreme curvature. I was totally immobile for two weeks, had a hard time standing up, walking for a few months, and now my back hurts pretty often.

I can say that the scariest experience ever was actually going under before the procedure. I didn't know if I'd be waking up and even if I did I didn't know if I'd have nerve damage. Came out great though!

More descriptive version and photos at my site: http://www.cityeyesphoto.com/blog/2007/10/01/back-surgery-freewrite/

I'm 23 by the way.

Last edited: