Having trouble setting up my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandagravy

Reaction score
I'm having trouble setting up my site. I created a mysql database and a user, but my script won't run. I may have the host name incorrect or something in the data_conn.php file. If there is anything you can do to help me out getting it set up, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not experienced with webdesign, so anything you could do to help would be great. When I bought the script, the instructions said all I had to do was set up the mysql database with the user and edit that data_conn.php file with the username and database info. Then all I would need to do is go to the site and run the install.php file, and everything would get set up.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Username and database info should be like this
MySQL Database : cpanelusername_dbname
MySQL DB User : cpanelusername_mysqlsuer
MySQL DB Host : localhost
MySQL DB Password : ********

pandagravy

Reaction score
I put that in, but for some reason it still keeps popping up with access denied. Is there a way someone could look at it for me?

dlukin

Reaction score
Go to MySQLDatabases from cPanel and go to where the database user and database are listed together.
Click on the username. There should be a pop-up with permissions. Make sure you check the ALL PRIVILEGES box on top.
Otherwise, double check spelling and the password.

pandagravy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I finally got the site to load. I'm having a different problem now... I can't log in to the site control area. I used the default password and username the site came with, and it still won't let me log in. I checked the mysql database, and the username and password are listed as admin for both, which is what the installation instructions said the password and username were, but for some reason it still won't let me do it. I also tried to sign up a test account to see if that would work, but for some reason it wouldn't let me do that either. It just reloads the signup page every time I click submit. Can someone please check this out for me, I'd like to have my site up by now so I can start advertising it. Also, where do you put in the metatags and site description?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What script have you installed that you are trying to access? You might get better help asking these questions in the 3rd Party Scripts forum.

Last edited:

pandagravy

Reaction score
It is a PTC script I bought on tradebit. I did what it said in the instructions, finally got it installed correctly, and it looks pretty good though I'm planning on changing up some of the colors and logos. The only problem is that when I go to log in to the control area on the site, it just reloads the login page. It does the same thing when I try to log in with the test account that was built in, and when I try to sign up another test account it just reloads the signup page when I click submit.

dlukin

Reaction score
Make sure your browser accepts cookies. Especially if there is no "Failed Login" message when the login screen reloads.

pandagravy

Reaction score
My browser does accept cookies. I still cant figure out why it won't let me log in or sign up.

stardom

Reaction score
i would check the database of the users and the admin to make sure the values you are trying to enter are correct.

pandagravy

Reaction score
It's driving me crazy, I still can't log in to my own site! Whether I'm trying to log into the control panel or the site, every time I put in the user name and password, it just reloads the login page. I checked the user and admin database, and the admin username and the test account username are both there, I'm using the right passwords and logins, WTF!!!!!! Can one of you guys go in my account and see if you can find the problem with it? I'm pretty well stuck here, and I'm thinking about just scratching it and starting over.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it might be a good idea to re-install if you don't have anything important done..

Status
Not open for further replies.