having trouble with IE + MSOXMLED: the wildest worm!

clareto

Reaction score
A fresh windows installation with msoffice

right click in the "data.xml" file> open with>, internet explorer... IE gets warned and says "what should I do with this downloaded file?". "Downloaded"? :wtf: its on my hd!!! ok, I choose Open and check "never ask again"... and guess which program tried to open the "downloaded" file: IE, which automatically tries to open the file with guess... Right! IE. yes, thats an infinite loop :eek3dance . So i said "there should be one instance of iexplore.exe, which I can kill".:wiggle: Ctrl+alt+supr>process list and ooohhh!! iexplore.exe and msoxmled.exe are now the wildest worm I've ever seen!!! each one is opening and opening and opening (infinite loop) :lupie: .

I've found a solution for this problem. Beside the "power button of my PC" there's one labeled "reset". It always works, but it doesnt let me view my xml files with iexplore.

Does anyone has an alternate solution???

Thanx!

ps. thats why i love windows

IIN Operator

Reaction score
Open it in Notepad. Notepad will do the same thing any browser should do with an XML document. It will show you the source code. If you have an XSLT stylesheet to format it with, Mozilla Firefox (getfirefox.com) is your best bet. Web browsers still don't realize that downloading should be blocked on your hard drive, so cancel if it wants you to download.

I wouldn't recommend using IE unless you are going to a site that you are sure is safe. It is far more prone to spyware and viruses than any other current browser. Firefox, SeaMonkey and Opera are commonly used alternatives on Windows machine. You'll give up some speed because these browsers are not as integrated into the system, but you'll gain more speed back later with a lower chance of spyware infection.