Hello

smurfboi76

Reaction score
I just moved my site from webs.com to here and I am finding that this is a way better place for it. It has a lot more features than webs.com. I found this website through the free website directory/review website.

My website is my artist website. it is a jeffgeiger.x10hosting.com/index.php. I was just wondering is there a way to not have to have the /index.php on the end of it. I am sure there is away and I just haven't found it yet.

The website is an artist website where I will be posting all of my art work which will include software programs as well as photography, writing, drawing and many other things.;)

I got it now so that it it doesn't have to have the /index.php on the end of it. It was a lot easier that I thought been awhile since I had access to all of the files.

Last edited:

powersports

Reaction score
Welcome! I agree that this place is better than most.

For your index issue, you should be able to type just your domain into the web bar, and it should automatically redirect to the index.php

If it doesn't, try making an index.html page. If that works, have the index.html immediatly redirect to your index.php

You should try asking this in the proper category in these forums however...

Good luck!!!

Last edited:

kentmark

Reaction score
I just moved my site from webs.com to here and I am finding that this is a way better place for it. It has a lot more features than webs.com. I found this website through the free website directory/review website.

My website is my artist website. it is a jeffgeiger.x10hosting.com/index.php. I was just wondering is there a way to not have to have the /index.php on the end of it. I am sure there is away and I just haven't found it yet.

The website is an artist website where I will be posting all of my art work which will include software programs as well as photography, writing, drawing and many other things.;)

I got it now so that it it doesn't have to have the /index.php on the end of it. It was a lot easier that I thought been awhile since I had access to all of the files.

its a very nice personal website.. anyway welcome to x10hosting mate!! :biggrin:

joejv4

Reaction score
Welcome to x10hosting.com!

When you share the link to your site, simply omit the index.php. When someone points their browser to jeffgeiger.x10hosting.com, their browser should automatically look for a file named "index" in the root folder of your site. Yes, your visitors will end up seeing the index.php in their address bar after they navigate to your site, but they needn't include it in the url in order to get there.