Hello

JKoltner

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just learning HTML and wanted a free web hosting site to try out some of my book's examples on... and X10Hosting is highly rated over at free-webhosts.com!

So far this looks great, although the hosting account verification contained a link that, when I clicked on it, said that it the average delay for hosting account activations is ~7500 hours!? Wow!

I realize this is all free though and very much appreciate the services X10 is providing here -- I'm not trying to complain.

dquigley

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just learning HTML and wanted a free web hosting site to try out some of my book's examples on... and X10Hosting is highly rated over at free-webhosts.com!

So far this looks great, although the hosting account verification contained a link that, when I clicked on it, said that it the average delay for hosting account activations is ~7500 hours!? Wow!

I realize this is all free though and very much appreciate the services X10 is providing here -- I'm not trying to complain.

I dont know ANYTHING about that delay, I've never heard of it, all I can tell you is when I made a free account a while back I had it the next day if not before that. So I wouldn't worry too much. I can also tell you that I have tried a couple of hosting companies and x10 offers the best support and also has the most amazing community I have ever seen.

So let me be the first to welcome you to this great site. I hope you enjoy it and if you have any questions dont be afraid to seek help.

JKoltner

Reaction score
I opened a support ticket and received a fast response that new sign-ups are on hold for the moment... hopefully they'll be available again soon!

Jordan C

Reaction score
Hi JKoltner,

Yes, x10 Hosting account sign ups are on hold, due to our new site, where we will introduce all new features, and better quality of service. Please bear with us, as the new site is released.

I look forward to seeing you around on these forums, as we have a very active and helpful community, that are here anytime you need them.

- Jordan

JKoltner

Reaction score
Hi Jordan,

Yes, x10 Hosting account sign ups are on hold, due to our new site, where we will introduce all new features, and better quality of service. Please bear with us, as the new site is released.

Sure thing, no problem -- I appreciate all the work you guys are doing on creating the new site, and it's great that this is all available for free.

Perhaps the sign-up process could be modified to include a note that new sign-ups are on-hold (or being queued)? From reading some more of the forum here I've noticed I'm not the only one who was surprised with the initial "your activation will take 7500 hours" message one receives.

---Joel