Help A New Guy Please

austine

Reaction score
hello everyone, i need some help with using the c-panel hosting. at the moment everything looks foreign, like it's in a different language that i don't even know of.

here's what i want to do

i want to create a blogsite that's similar in style to this guy's http://ryanmoran.org/

i checked out the site build application on c-panel and it doesn't have a blog module on there. how do i add this?

also, once i've added it, how do i then create the site - using the domain name that i want, and make it live?

i'm sure the answers to these questions are in c-panel, but as i said above it just looks foreign to know where to begin.

someone please help

zen-r

Reaction score
There are lots of tutorials & helpful threads to read in these forums.

Take a look around through the various sections, use search if necessary, & also Google for other info you can't find. Take your time to read, & learn!

If you are having problems with something specific that you can't find, by all means post a request & I'm sure someone will have the answer.

But I'm sure most other people here are like me in that they don't have time to type out a complete book for you on how to turn you from a complete beginner into an expert webmaster. You need to do some of the work yourself! ;)

austine

Reaction score
i had a feeling i was gonna get this response, lol.

i thought i would be able to get the site up in minutes (like a myspace/youtube account)), i wasn't expecting things to be this complex

i understand i won't be an expert in using cpanel. but if you or anyone could point me closer to achieving what i'm after i'd be grateful ;)

i want quick info on how to install more modules to the sitereptile tool so i can activate a website real quick-like

zen-r

Reaction score
If you don't like what SiteBuilder can offer, you could take a look at Fantastico or Softaculous in cPanel. Click on them, & you'll see that they have lots of Blog modules. Choose one & it will get auto-installed for you.

You'll need to read & experiment a bit to find & configure exactly what you want.

I'm no expert, but if you have problems with it & start another thread specific to what you're needing, there are many here who will be able to help.

Last edited:

omniuni

Reaction score
Look for WordPress! It's a great blog software, and should be in Fantastico.

taha116

Reaction score
Yes i strongly recommend wordpress its simplest and best, best of all worlds. Serisoly, all worlds