help and advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukoot

Reaction score
i have installed a contact form on my website so can some one point me in the right direction to link it to my domain e-mail address :confused:
i can send and receive e-mails from my account i just need to link the contact form on my website to my e-mail address so when someone clicks the submit button it forwards the message to my account so can you tell me what script if any i need and were do i put it to make it all work

sorry if this is a noob question but thats what i am lol
thanks in advance for any help

lukoot

Reaction score
hi Jamie
I'm using the siteReptile websitesite builder and i added a contact form using that
so my website now has a visual contact form on it but im guessing it isn't coded or i just need to link it somehow can you point me in the right direction please
thanks

lukoot

Reaction score
yeah sure i have tried sending a message from another computer but it just gives me a error message saying it was not sent but like i say all i have done was install the contact form so not sure if the code was automatically installed for it

heres my site www.toontech-support.co.cc
thanks

supajason

Reaction score
After looking at it all you have is the visual side of it, there is no coding for it.

You could write one yourself, however the internet is a very crazy crazy place and people can find little holes in your script if your just starting out coding.

You could find a email script online and have to change a couple of bits to fit your form.
Get a complete script and form from the internet. No changes required, it would not fit your theme.

What script are you using for your website at the moment?

Last edited:

leonard7

Reaction score
Have you every tried write your own html code or try to find a free script program on the internet.

lukoot

Reaction score
Ive messed around with templates using dreamweaver and changed parts of the html code and ive found php script programmes on the internet before wheb i was looking for a guest book but never actually wrote my own html or installed a script before
I'm sure you all know i'm a noob at all this but i'm wanting to learn so thanks for all your Patience with me

supajason

Reaction score
This is the best place to start learning

If you can't wait you could try your luck in The Market Place you could get somebody to do the coding/test and tweaking for you. You do however need credits, yes credits at the moment with changes/upgrades/data centre moves going on the forum has be stripped down so there aren't credits. I know they will come back and that new users start with 200 credits - well they did anyway.

Jason

lukoot

Reaction score
thanks Jason i have started using the w3schools site but i think the market place must be the only thread i haven't clicked on yet on this site lol
so if i was to get a complete script from the internet not that i will at this stage but i will have a look around and learn some more first do i just edit my contact page with the html editor and write it into there ? i know it wont just be as simple as that but am i on the right line of thought

supajason

Reaction score
Your on the right sort of lines.

Your contact page - It would go something like this

HTML:
<html>
<head>
<title>Contact Me</title>
</head>
<body>
<div id="header">toontech-suppport.co.cc</div>
.....Nav bar etc