Help ASAP Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

{rfw}spid3r_adm

Reaction score
Hello. I am Spid3r from the {RFW} Clan i have a website with you guys www.rfwcw.x10hosting.com well a couple problems bro, 1 is this
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

2 one is why my forum button does not show up

3. one is why wont SimplePortal work on my website anymore if anyone knows of any help thank you i am

recently moving from forumotion over too you guys and i dont know i havent had a problem with them yet( there site templates suck) i know alot of people who use SMF and/ or useed x10hosting but thanks

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
make sure you are using localhost as your database HOST in configuration file...

Last edited:

{rfw}spid3r_adm

Reaction score
it is i watched a vid how to set it up it is on local host it still dont work i dont know what too do about my other problems
Edit:
yes my forum button still not showing and my Simple Portal still dont work and guys you need to get better hosting computers or something bro becuase my website is still down and i use my website for my clan and i need it up 100% not down 50% of the time i need too use it

Last edited:

{rfw}spid3r_adm

Reaction score
ok what about my other problems?
Edit:
ok guys i bine gone all day my website is still down ok i want someone to help me with this i am getting a little bit angry from this and soon i will not be in a good mood its bine a week i was working on this site know it is not working i am getting mad

Last edited:

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
First dont get mad as it wont help you here and no one is forcing you to stay. Second your problems all seem due to mysql not working properly because of the server move which is to have better servers. Third its localhost not local host. Im sorry but cmplaining and geting mad at x10 will get you no where.

{rfw}spid3r_adm

Reaction score
i know but if u have xfire or something or if u can help me set everything up right a proper;y i would like that

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Head over to the x10 irc and almost anyone would be able to help you.

regards,
Wiivsps3

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello. I am Spid3r from the {RFW} Clan i have a website with you guys www.rfwcw.x10hosting.com well a couple problems bro, 1 is this
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

2 one is why my forum button does not show up

3. one is why wont SimplePortal work on my website anymore if anyone knows of any help thank you i am

recently moving from forumotion over too you guys and i dont know i havent had a problem with them yet( there site templates suck) i know alot of people who use SMF and/ or useed x10hosting but thanks

Hi {rfw}spid3r_adm,

Try to use repair_settings.php file, You can download the file from simpelmachines.org

here is the link http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=18096.0

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
no i looked how to do it but it dont work my website dont work i cant get in it

Hi {rfw}spid3r_adm,

Download the repair_settings.php file
Place it in your forums root directory (public_html as per your site concerns)
open browser and type http://rfwcw.x10hosting.com/repair_settings.php
check the mysql server and it should say localhost

check the remaining settings and save settings then open the http://rfwcw.x10hosting.com

It should work. If not post back here the error.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If the above doesn't work then you need to confirm the remaining settings do this

Backup the mysql database First

In Cpanel, Goto mysql databases , Delete the database user(Only Database Username not Database) then Re create and assign it to the database and select all the privileges.

Change those settings in repair_settings.php.

{rfw}spid3r_adm

Reaction score
ok dude i am lost it didnt work
Edit:
still says" Some settings are not being shown because the MySQL connection information is incorrect."
Edit:
wait it works thank you
Edit:
ok i have 1 problem why wont Simple Portal go on my forum know wtf?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.