Help Choosing CMS

itz.mike60

Reaction score
Hey,

I have searched the internet for a clan CMS but as you guys see many websites daily I didn't know if you could recommend one?

Last edited:

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
what features are you looking for?

I think ive been thorugh all the CMS options looking for one for my clan, so i know alot about them

let me know what sort of things you want it to do, and i can probably suggest a few

pm me if you want ;)

warlordste

Reaction score
Joomla is better if you got some time to get used to it because it can be quite complicated but its a good starting point or if you have good programming skills try make your own CMS there will be afew tuts to get you going but it all depends on what you need i think joomla has gaming ladders as an add on as well

pa_kodak59

Reaction score
What are the features you want for you CMS? That really matters when choosing the right CMS. If you need a simple CMS features try Wordpress. You can download free and install quickly.

Reaction score
Joomla is most popular and preferred cms but there is a main problem in joomla that admin folder will be located in yoursite.com/administrator/ which is become little bit risky. Because hackers likes to hack admin folder specially. But drupal has unique admin system like phpbb. No one can login or access with out admin id password in drupal. Wordpress is also good but it's looks like blog. You can choose joomla because huge amount of joomla template and plugins available in web rather than drupal. I will suggest you to secure the admin folder with .htaccess password which you can find in cpanel - password protect directories.

Reaction score
I recommend you Joomla because it's well updated, easy to install and easy to use. Also there are many add-ons and extensions. Many work with an older 1.5 version, but there are extensions that work with the 1.6. Not to forget that there are so many features that are very useful. Plus Joomla is one of the most popular CMS'.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Joomla 1.5.
Joomla 1.6 is better in terms of security features.

macbeth

Reaction score
google 'clan cms' - from my experience Joomla is way to complicated - the learning curve is a vertical wall :)

jmambu41

Reaction score
Hey,

I have searched the internet for a clan CMS but as you guys see many websites daily I didn't know if you could recommend one?

if you are a beginner, u shud try Wordpress, very user friendly. If u need more challenge, get Joomla :)