Help for a new user :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matfar9273

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to xhosting.com..they have just accepted me, my domain is matfar92.x10.mx But when I visit it, an error pops up..that the URL is not found, error 404 or something like that...

isn't this supposed to be my 'online site' or am I understanding this concept wrong? How can I access my online site?!

Thank you very much for all your help!

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Look in your file manager in your cPanel. Is there a folder called public_html in there?

matfar9273

Reaction score
Look in your file manager in your cPanel. Is there a folder called public_html in there?

Hi calistoy. thanks for replying :)

So I went the CPANEL, a file manager directory selection pops up
I choose Web Root (public_html/www) I press Go...

The following directory pops up:
- /homeNew/matfar92
+ etc
+ mail
+ public_ftp
+ public_html
+ tmp
+ www

In my public_html there is a cgi-bin file, and an index.htm that I just put to test. I did NOT place index.htm in cgi-bin..
cgi-bin is empty..

So yes, I have public_html, everytime I put a file in there, the 'www' is also updated in the same manner..

do you have any idea what the problem might be? did the same error appear for you too when you go to matfar92.x10.mx?

Thanks for all your help

PS i am assuming that when I upload the files, they are uploaded automatically and that I dont need to press any 'apply' or 'finish' button when I go back to the file manager!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.