HELP - from XP to Ubuntu

jan_andrada

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm planning to switch my OS from XP to Ubuntu. I've already try it before but unfortunately I'm not able to find any drivers, especially the LAN, I don't know where to download it. So, it seems to be useless. I have a Compaq Presario V3000. Can you help me guys find a drivers.

Or any suggestions? I'll appreciate it..

Thanks.

Visit my website: http://janandrada.elementfx.com/

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hello there,

Are you sure it's just onboard LAN, and that you can't get any pages? It may just be an issue with the configuration. If you are, read on.

Are you using your computer's onboard LAN (built into the motherboard, most likely if you bought the PC ready built? If so, can you give us the make and model name / number of the system? I'll go Googling and see what I can dig up.

-Luke.

Evocation

Reaction score
I made the switch and everything just worked out the bag for me with my computer...

dwd2000

Reaction score
I switched one of my computers to 8.04 and had no problems. It picked up everything on its own. Mind you, I had to click on the icon on the bar and tell it to use a wired connection and dhcp.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think the user is going to check back here, but I'd like him to search Google and Ubuntu wikis (help.ubuntu.com and wiki.ubuntu.com) for help, as well as the forums (ubuntuforums.org). There's a wealth of useful information there.

Anyways, can we have the model name / number of the motherboard?

-Luke.

jan_andrada

Reaction score
sorry guys for my very late reply...

anyway, iv'e already got it.

thanks for ur effort..

;).