Help!!! I want my joomla site to have SEF Url

Status
Not open for further replies.

upadesh

Reaction score
Hi i'm using joomla for my site and want all the links to be SEF. I tried some of the third party SEF extensions like sh404SEF, OpenSEF and Artio JoomSEF but i got same problem with all these. I was able to access my frontpage but got 404 errors on other internal links. I think that was all due to unmatched configuration of .htaccess file. Can any body help me to get out of this problem. I would really be thankful for your help.

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Joomla does have a built-in SEF function. To activate it you need to login to the Admin Panel then open the "Global Configuration", on the right you should see a section about SEF URLs. Change all the options to Yes and Save. Now you need to rename the "htaccess.txt" file in the Joomla directory to ".htaccess". Then clear the cache and you should have SEF URLs.

If you want a 3rd party SEF extension, I recommend having a look at SmartSEF, it is what I use on my site and it works really well.

upadesh

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Let me try this and hope it works for me. Bingo it worked for me. Anyway thank you for help.

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Since this problem has been resolved, I am going to close this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.