Help..im new to this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

websolucian

Reaction score
Hey x10hosting,
im pretty new to the whole website developing thing but ive made an entire site on dreamweaver and was ready to put it online. i found your hosting was high rated and figured i would go here but now i hav a problem. because of all the slices and what not i made there are many little images and i was wondering a couple thing:

1. how can i link dreamweaver to ur server?
2. why doesnt my webdrive work? :( i am running windows 7 with norton 360 i turned off nortons firewall and tried enabling the ports (both 2078 and 2077 with the firewall incoming and outgoin rules) but still no luck. i also noticed that there isnt a windows 7 when i try to create a webdrive so i jus chose vista but no luck :(
3.if non of the above are available is there an faster way i can upload files to my site or do i hav to upload one file at a time. [please tell me there are more ways :( ]

after another hour of searching i found some info only problem it doesnt work all to well... i half answered the first question....wat i need now is the ftp address or host name my website domain is www.slntyouth.pcriot.com so would that be my ftp address bcuz it doesnt work. :( please help

Last edited:

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
1. You want to "publish" the site from Dreamweaver. I haven't used Dreamweaver so I don't know the exact procedure; it's probably in the documentation under that term.
2. Web Disk does not yet work under Windows 7.
3. The best way to upload files to your site is via FTP. FileZilla is a decent free FTP client.

--- Mr. DOS

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you can't get the ftp on Dreamweaver to work, then you could sign into your cPanel (just click on the link to it from your account panel), click on the file manager, and then place your site at it's root (identified as public_html directory.) Make sure that the starting page of your site is labeled index.html or index.php depending on the extension. The "index" part of the name must be in all lowercase letters.

In the file manager of cPanel you can also upload many files at once.

Last edited:

websolucian

Reaction score
thanx all that really did help but all i am missing to get dreamweaver working is the ftp address for the x10hosting....im not sure exactly where i would get it and well again my site is www.slntyouth.pcriot.com so if any1 can help me with the ftp then please do :)

and again for those who already replied thanx alot

Status
Not open for further replies.