Help Installing Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton

Reaction score
I've been searching and couldn't find relevant info on this. For one I cannot find a file manager in my control panel, but that's not a problem since I can use FTP.

Where can I change/setup mySQL info? Is this not available for Free Hosting?

thanks

zen-r

Reaction score
You should have a File Manager in cPanel in the group on the right titled Files. If it's not there, then that is strange.

mySQL is normally supported, look in the Database section. in cPanel.

I'm not sure if it has been disabled during the server upgrade work (perhaps someone else can answer that).

Sorry to post this here if it doesn't help you, but a lot of people haven't spotted this new post from Corey yet ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98836-update-6-22-09-a.html - It may answer some of your questions.

(Also, remember to regularly check the News section for more Updates like that one).
;)

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
MYSQL is working fine.

you just go to cpanel and there you find mysql database manager and phpadmin

Clinton

Reaction score
I'll have a look again using Internet Explorer. I just have not seen either of these options ever..and I've been signed up for quite some time now.

thanks

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
I've noticed some variations between what some people have in their cPanel, but I'd be very surprised if you don't have these features.

Have a really good look again, & let us know how you get on!

P.S. I use Firefox, but your browser shouldn't make any difference.

Last edited:

Evan1

Reaction score
Do you have Fantastico De Luxe? If so, click on it and their should be a Wordpress link in the left column menu under blogs. You can have Fantastico automatically install it and set up the SQL databse

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
Evan1 method is also right. and as zen-r says i am also surprise because we face some other cases of cpanel but not like this.

Can you upload your cpanel images so we can see

Clinton

Reaction score
I tried again. No uploading, no MySQL. Looks like I should submit a ticket for this.

Clinton

Reaction score
Quick update... just deleted my cache and restarted my browser. File Manager and the rest of the lot is there. :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I would have hated to bother the admins for something so trivial.

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
Are you getting a blank cpanel? If yes then in the address bar edit the index.php to index.html and you will be able to see Cpanel. Now you can easily install wordpress in just three steps!

Clinton

Reaction score
Oh, this is something I might encounter too. Thanks n30, and to everyone else.

zen-r

Reaction score
Quick update... just deleted my cache and restarted my browser. File Manager and the rest of the lot is there. :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I would have hated to bother the admins for something so trivial.

Thanks for posting back here with your findings, Clinton.

Things make sense to me again!

You can close this thread now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.