so now it deleted my forum, and i cant do anything with it anymore
it says i dont have permission anymore

cpanel username: davdad

Last edited:

DaveDaDon

Reaction score
i was sending a newsletter using the SMF forum
then it was up to 16.09 done

then it went to a error and then it said i dont have permission on the forum anymore
and all the files in the forums directory were deleted
and i cant make anymore files in that directory, nor delete the forum to put up a new one

WoWChat

Reaction score
Ouch okay you need to wait for a staff member to help you with that one. I'm not really sure about how that works.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Should be all set now; I restored the forums to 755, the firewall did change them for thinking you were spamming. Just an idea, when you are going to send a newsletter do it in parts or this will keep happening.

Also, what's that mp3 file in your root directory, 'black sabboth - iron man.mp3', can I ask you to remove that if it's copyright or you don't own it.

Not sure if it's the same but the 'forum' directory was the same way, I also restored that to 755.

Last edited:

DaveDaDon

Reaction score
Should be all set now; I restored the forums to 755, the firewall did change them for thinking you were spamming. Just an idea, when you are going to send a newsletter do it in parts or this will keep happening.

Also, what's that mp3 file in your root directory, 'black sabboth - iron man.mp3', can I ask you to remove that if it's copyright or you don't own it.

oh ok sorry :p
it was gonna be for my new flash intro grrr crap guess i need to find a new song
thanks for fixing my forum, was about to go nutz!

but um, how do i send it in parts =\

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Not sure, I would take a look over at http://simplemachines.org/ for more information on that.

Your problem seems to be solved; locked. If you need more help please feel free to open this.

Status
Not open for further replies.