Help! My site's been rolled back 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

theneale

Reaction score
Suddenly discovered that the last 3 months' work on my wife's web site www.maryneale.co.uk has all been overwritten without my knowledge, and the site is now in the state it was at in July 2013. All the backups I've made since July have also disappeared. Can the site be restored to a more recent state?

The site is Wordpress based - I looked for revisions of pages and posts and as expected nothing is available since July. It's as if a restore has suddenly been done that has overwritten the entire site with data from July. Would greatly appreciate help in getting the site back to its current state if a more recent server backup is available!

Edit: have logged in via FTP; the newer content all appears to be there so it looks like an old version of the MySQL database has been accidentally restored and the Wordpress configuration is therefore 3 months out of date. I can't restore any Wordpress backups because these seem to have been overwritten. I've done a quick update to make the front page look presentable but there are loads of changes missing. Any help appreciated!

TIA,
David.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.