help needed as im totaly stuck

divebuddha

Reaction score
well yet again for the 2nd time today i extend my voice out for help on the web template front

after installing a guestbook application earlier and subsequently having to delete the database due to it

messing up my home page settings, then losing the site totaly through faults of my own, then having to

restore the whole site from the back up

there is now 1 problem i cant fix and need your help

on my home page the index page loads from

http://www.divebuddha.x10hosting.com/index.php

but the first link button when u try to navigate back to that it gives me the x10 error page

my question is how the hell do i edit the link to that button so i can get it to link back after the page has originaly loaded?

if someones got time to check the link for us and tell me firstly whats wrong with it and secondly how to fix it

mcklovin

Reaction score
Well, your whole site is down now, if I understand you correctly the first page you get when you visit your site is:

http://www.divebuddha.x10hosting.com/index.php

but when you hit the back button it takes you to an x10 error? That's weird, I'd bet its due to one of the settings in your management system. Almost every management system has a spot in the config file where you have to set the base path of your website, I'd bet that the value in your config is wrong.

If your not using any management system, I'm stumped. Perhaps you can just set up your .htaccess file to redirect your homepage, but that seems like an awful hassle for something that should be basic.

divebuddha

Reaction score
it gives me the guesbook.php link when hitting the original buddha home button?

is there any way of editing that button so i can paste the index.html link into it

im using site reptile to edit my site at the moment ?

is there maybe a way of totaly unistalling the guestbook aplication perhaps?

any ideas would be good

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I see no problem.
Maybe a cache/cookie on your PC problem left over from earlier.

divebuddha

Reaction score
ive just cleared out the mozila browser cache and it loading fine now!

guys thanks for ya time and tollerating a complete numpton

do i feel totaly silly now?:nuts::dunno:

gomarc

Reaction score
Hi divebuddha,

Very nice of you getting back to the thread and thanking all of those who helped you out. By no means should you feel silly: you are on the right track! :)

divebuddha

Reaction score
cheers mate

im just an ordinary bloke who doesnt know anything really about building and designing web sites

so am flying this by the seat of my pants so to speak !

i do think its important that if people take time out of there day to help it makes them feel good when

someone says thanks for helping

ive no dought that many more posts will be coming from me in the not too distant future ! :cool: