Help needed in integrating my site with PHPBB3

sunils

Reaction score
I have installed the phpbb3 forum script. And i want my site to use the tables of phpbb3 for user authentication and information storage, registration etc.

I have heard about phpbb3 bridges for cms scripts. But i need one for my site.

I was successful in using the user authentication of phpbb3, but the message " you have successfully logged onto the forum " is displayed in the phpbbforum page in between the redirection to my page.

any help to build the bridge will be appreciated.

tittat

Reaction score
Which CMS are you using? I think i could help you if it is e107.

sunils

Reaction score
I am not using any cms, i am designing the entire site by myself.

freecrm

Reaction score
This is a hugely tricky area and I have tried on numerous occasions to integrate phpBB3 into the rest of my site.

The main user table is (in my site) phpbb_users, within which are the usernames and passwords needed for secure authentication. (not sure what the password encryption is though)

However, on my site, I now have two independent databases and have to reference both to get the two to work simulaneously.

I have independent connection scripts which are called with every page I need access to both.

PHP:
<?php require_once('../Connections/main.php');
require_once('../Connections/forum.php'); ?>

Either can be called within the same page.

Although phpBB3 is perfect in its own right - its soooo complex to customise!!!

sunils

Reaction score
Thank you for you information. I was successfull in integrating the authentication system with my site. but the transition to the profile page take a little time since another phpbb pages comes in between both the login page and profile page, i want to elliminate that.

It would be helpful, if any one of you tell me where can i best find help regarding this.

TheMan177

Reaction score
but the transition to the profile page take a little time since another phpbb pages comes in between both the login page and profile page, i want to elliminate that.
Okay, what pages are you getting between the profile and login pages?

sunils

Reaction score
its the default page of phpbb3 saying you have successfully logged into the site. i want to avoid this from appearing.