Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Right guys i have a registerd a free domain www.ScuderiaFerrari.Net.MS can i use this instead of my scuderiaferrari.x10hosting.com domian in cpanel so i dont have to use the forwarding they offer with it,
I dont mind doing that way but the problem is that when using the forwarding, when i go to my forum the browser still dispalys "ScuderiaFerrari.Net.Ms/" instead of "SuderiaFerrari.Net.Ms/Forums" . if i cant use that domain in my cpanel is there any way i can make it go to ScuderiaFerrari.Net.Ms/forums??

Any help would be great!.

Chris Z

Reaction score
yup you just need to add it in the "Parked Domains" and direct the nameserver config to point to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Cynical

Reaction score
You DON'T have to add it in Parked Domains -- nothing with cPanel for just one domain (unless you want to keep your subdomain, just change it on the "Modify Account" page.

Last edited:

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Cynical said:
You DON'T have to add it in Parked Domains -- nothing with cPanel for just one domain, just change it on the "Modify Account" page.

if i do that will my site still work as its on x10hosting?

and thanks for your help guys!

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Cynical said:
Yes, but it will replace your subdomain.

so all my stuff will be at www.scuderiaferrari.net.ms even though its on x10 and my x10 domain will no loger work ?
and on the site where i got my domain do i trun off the forwarding to scuderiaferrari.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
MSchumacher1 said:
so all my stuff will be at www.scuderiaferrari.net.ms even though its on x10 and my x10 domain will no loger work ?
and on the site where i got my domain do i trun off the forwarding to scuderiaferrari.x10hosting.com

Or just do an add-on domain and change the files to suite your needs...

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
blong4life said:
Or just do an add-on domain and change the files to suite your needs...

cheers bud i'll wait till corey gives the all clear on the transfer and i'll try it then.

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
MSchumacher1 said:
cheers bud i'll wait till corey gives the all clear on the transfer and i'll try it then.

LOL..ya DNS is down dnt try..let me know if you need any help...

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
blong4life said:
LOL..ya DNS is down dnt try..let me know if you need any help...

thanks and i will cheers ;) Also how do point my new domain at the name severs? the only option it gives me on the site where i got it from is which site to forward the domain too?

Last edited:

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
how can a get my free domain to go to "domain/forum" instead of just "domain" when i go to my forum.
There is no option in my free domain settings do point to x10 dns servers only an option to set desination site forwarding/cloaking is there any other way i can do this?

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
MSchumacher1 said:
how can a get my free domain to go to "domain/forum" instead of just "domain" when i go to my forum.
There is no option in my free domain settings do point to x10 dns servers only an option to set desination site forwarding/cloaking is there any other way i can do this?

I dont think you can then..try uni.cc as they allow DNS service. Other than that i dnt think you can.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
blong4life said:
I dont think you can then..try uni.cc as they allow DNS service. Other than that i dnt think you can.

oh well ill just leave it for now tilli get a proper domain, thanks anyway

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Right guys i've just got my new paid for proper domain, had enough of those crap free ones:rant2: anyway whats the best way to use my new domain?
Do i just change the domain in my account to my new one or do i use the domain parking in cpanel, and point to ns1.x10hosting/ns2.x10hosting?
basicly i want my pages to be like eg...scuderiaferrarif1.net/forum, scuderiaferrarif1.net/gallery ect.... also i have ipb so do i change the settings in admin cp like board address ect.. from scuderiaferrari.x10hosting.com/forum to scuderiaferrarif1.net/forum?

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
MSchumacher1 said:
Right guys i've just got my new paid for proper domain, had enough of those crap free ones:rant2: anyway whats the best way to use my new domain?
Do i just change the domain in my account to my new one or do i use the domain parking in cpanel, and point to ns1.x10hosting/ns2.x10hosting?
basicly i want my pages to be like eg...scuderiaferrarif1.net/forum, scuderiaferrarif1.net/gallery ect.... also i have ipb so do i change the settings in admin cp like board address ect.. from scuderiaferrari.x10hosting.com/forum to scuderiaferrarif1.net/forum?

Ya id be ns1.x10hosting.com / ns2.x10hosting.com then just put it as an add-on domain then just update the urls in the ACP and move the folders to the dir you created during the add-on domain process..PM me if you need help.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
blong4life said:
Ya id be ns1.x10hosting.com / ns2.x10hosting.com then just put it as an add-on domain then just update the urls in the ACP and move the folders to the dir you created during the add-on domain process..PM me if you need help.

But Cynical said i dont need to do that i just need to change it in my account here on the forum, so which way is best? + it says dns is offline so if i do it in cpanel and have to point my domain to the name severs it wont work will it cos the dns is down, but if i change it in my account do i still need to point it to ns 1&2 :dunno:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
MSchumacher1 said:
But Cynical said i dont need to do that i just need to change it in my account here on the forum, so which way is best? + it says dns is offline so if i do it in cpanel and have to point my domain to the name severs it wont work will it cos the dns is down, but if i change it in my account do i still need to point it to ns 1&2 :dunno:

Ya but DNS is down so it will not work...corey must be fixing it.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Anyone got any idea on when the dns will be back online?? i need to add my new domain :biggrin:

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
my new domin from godaddy is set to use ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com i changed my domain in my account here on the forum(not in cpanel) to my new domain "ScuderiaFerrariF1.Net" but for some reason my old x10 domain is still working and my new one isn't.
I done this dns check and it said this

NSINFONS records at your nameserversYour NS records at your nameservers are:
[None of your nameservers returned your NS records; they could be down or unreachable, or could all be lame nameservers]PASSOpen DNS serversOK. Your DNS servers do not announce that they are open DNS servers. Although there is a slight chance that they really are open DNS servers, this is very unlikely. Open DNS servers increase the chances that of cache poisoning, can degrade performance of your DNS, and can cause your DNS servers to be used in an attack (so it is good that your DNS servers do not appear to be open DNS servers). PASSMismatched glueOK. The DNS report did not detect any discrepancies between the glue provided by the parent servers and that provided by your authoritative DNS servers.PASSNo NS A records at nameserversOK. Your nameservers do include corresponding A records when asked for your NS records. This ensures that your DNS servers know the A records corresponding to all your NS records.WARNAll nameservers report identical NS recordsWARNING: At least one of your nameservers did not return your NS records (it reported 0 answers). This could be because of a referral, if you have a lame nameserver (which would need to be fixed).
72.232.216.108 returns 0 answers (may be a referral)72.232.216.109 returns 0 answers (may be a referral)PASSAll nameservers respondOK. All of your nameservers listed at the parent nameservers responded.PASSNameserver name validityOK. All of the NS records that your nameservers report seem valid (no IPs or partial domain names).PASSNumber of nameserversOK. You have 2 nameservers. You must have at least 2 nameservers (RFC2182 section 5 recommends at least 3 nameservers), and preferably no more than 7.FAILLame nameserversERROR: You have one or more lame nameservers. These are nameservers that do NOT answer authoritatively for your domain. This is bad; for example, these nameservers may never get updated. The following nameservers are lame:
PASSMissing (stealth) nameserversOK. All 0 of your nameservers (as reported by your nameservers) are also listed at the parent servers.FAILMissing nameservers 2ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:
ns1.x10hosting.com.
ns2.x10hosting.com.
PASSNo CNAMEs for domainOK. There are no CNAMEs for scuderiaferrarif1.net. RFC1912 2.4 and RFC2181 10.3 state that there should be no CNAMEs if an NS (or any other) record is present.PASSNo NSs with CNAMEsOK. There are no CNAMEs for your NS records. RFC1912 2.4 and RFC2181 10.3 state that there should be no CNAMEs if an NS (or any other) record is present.WARNNameservers on separate class C'sWARNING: All of your nameservers (listed at the parent nameservers) are in the same Class C (technically, /24) address space, which means that they are probably at the same physical location. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations. You should not have all of your nameservers at the same location. RFC2182 3.1 goes into more detail about secondary nameserver location.PASSAll NS IPs publicOK. All of your NS records appear to use public IPs. If there were any private IPs, they would not be reachable, causing DNS delays.PASSTCP AllowedOK. All your DNS servers allow TCP connections. Although rarely used, TCP connections are occasionally used instead of UDP connections. When firewalls block the TCP DNS connections, it can cause hard-to-diagnose problems.FAILSingle Point of FailureERROR: Although you have 2 NS records, they both point to the same server, resulting in a single point of failure. You are required to have at least 2 nameservers per RFC 1035 section 2.2. INFONameservers versionsYour nameservers have the following versions:

72.232.216.108: No version info available (does not exist).
72.232.216.109: No version info available (does not exist).
status = "Waiting for SOA responses from your nameservers...";PASSStealth NS record leakageYour DNS servers do not leak any stealth NS records (if any) in non-NS requests.SOAFAILSOA RecordNo valid SOA record came back:
is not scuderiaferrarif1.net.

anyone got any idea whats wrong i thought it was cos the dns was down but its now online and my domain still wont work. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.