Help: Needing Members

justin.scherer14

Reaction score
I have created now my second website and I am trying to figure out how to get members. I have tried getting people to show up in various ways. I get guests but I do not get members. I realize that this is a new forum but I really want to get members because I think this is a great site idea. If any of you have any ideas on free ways to get members that would be great. And if any of you want to be on a discussion and debate forum that would be cool.I know this may not seem like anything for a tutorial but I really do need help.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
The main way you will attract members is through having unique content that people will want to join to discuss and be a part of.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Not at the moment. Currently it is just like the hundred of other tech forums that start up every day expecting to be the next big thing. What it needs is a huge amount of input from yourself that will spark interest and create discussion.
My first recommendation is to start working on a custom theme for your site, so you can make yourself and your site stand out above the others.
The next thing would be to create in depth articles about topics you are knowledgeable on, for example if you know PHP make some articles about PHP. If these articles offer something new to the community of PHP developers then they will link to you or find you through Google and your community will grow.
At some point you will hit a critical point at when people start joining in with creating topics and offering their own articles and solutions, but don't be tempted to slack off at that point as your continued input will be the drive for your users.

Last edited:

mattblog

Reaction score
regardless, put it in your signatures, spread the word, make a youtube video. After all is said and done you will have many members and even more spreading the word by WOM (word of mouth)

justin.scherer14

Reaction score
Okay I will try those ideas. I do not know if they are going to work because this is what I tried beforehand but I will do them all. Thank you to all of those that have responded

satishan

Reaction score
Same case with me, guests visit my forum but no one likes to register, now i am planning a big picture...hope atlest i get 10 members.

mattblog

Reaction score
how this usually works is its slow in the beginning. But once members start to join and spread the word and make content. your content will be indexed on google and such search sites. After thats done more people will start to come. It takes some time for members to find your website and for a community to grow.