HELP PLEASE email problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

david852

Reaction score
'cannot connect to spmt server'

'Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL'

these are errors apperaring whne i try and test my email on my website..using joomola and it used to work fine (configured settings in outlook etc...all worked ok) but now emails are not sending, either this error message appears or the page seems to refresh itself...would this be because of the migration as it worked fine before

hope someone can help please

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
'cannot connect to spmt server'

'Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL'

these are errors apperaring whne i try and test my email on my website..using joomola and it used to work fine (configured settings in outlook etc...all worked ok) but now emails are not sending, either this error message appears or the page seems to refresh itself...would this be because of the migration as it worked fine before

hope someone can help please

make sure your database host is set to 'localhost' in configuration.php file

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
You should use "localhost" without quotes as database server name.
:lol u beat me Boss

Last edited:

david852

Reaction score
i have had this reply over and over...the first time i was told to set it as localhost i did so and my website worked fine...this is not the problem...i am only having problems with the mail/emails which i didnt have before i have a plugin called virtuemart, but i really need my emails to work

when i send an email from my personal account to my business email it works, it is only using the contact form on website that doesnt work anymore.error: cannot connect to smpt

www.cambridgeshireswimmingpools.co.uk

Also, is chopin having problems at mo as it keeps saying : Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

byt after 5 mins works again and then doesnt...can you check for me please

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.