Help please!! windows 2000

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hi, I know this has nothing to do with x10hosting but i need help really bad. Ok heres what happend: I changed the dns for my dads login by accident and now when he goes to log in, it wont let him :frown: How can i change the dns without having to login, or is there any way to bypass the windows 2000 nt login screen to go right to the desktop? i really need help cause my dad really needs his computer, and i feel so bad cause its all my fault :frown: :frown: :frown:

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
Lol, good luck on getting help with this. If it was Windows XP or Windows 95/98 I would be able to help ya out! But its 2000 and I skipped from 95-98 to XP. :confused_

Thank me for the message that bumped this later. :wink:

Hey TS2E I was looking through your website, and I stumbled across your blog. You might want to change what it says about x10Hosting, they don't offer 25GB it's 2.5GB. Is that a typo or did you honestly think they gave 25GB for free? :confused_

*Edit: BTW nice site!

**Edit: Again I am up in the early morning. I stay up too late some times lol, but it's fun I just get carried away doing stuff with my site and playing Counter-Strike Source! :teeth_smi

Last edited:

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
Aye, I was going to suggest that but I do not know how Windows 2000 works. :cool: You can do it like the old way I did on XP, (until I discovered msconfig)... Just keep rebootin till it lets you in Safe mode if theres no option to restart in Safe mode. :wink:

Richard

Reaction score
2000 and XP are very alike, actully XP was built on 2000

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but in XP you can reboot in safe mode and login with the username "Administrator" and then change the options... when your computer is booting up hit F8 to bring up the boot menu to pick safe mode. Just hit it once per second after you restart to make sure you get it at the right time.

-Corey

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
Administrator account is the only reason we suggested Safe mode :wink:

*Edit: Is it just my eyes from being up too long or has everything on your site gone BOLD ??!?! :eek:mg_smile

**Edit: It's probably your site! :wink:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Jordan Knezevic said:
Lol, good luck on getting help with this. If it was Windows XP or Windows 95/98 I would be able to help ya out! But its 2000 and I skipped from 95-98 to XP. :confused_

Thank me for the message that bumped this later. :wink:

Hey TS2E I was looking through your website, and I stumbled across your blog. You might want to change what it says about x10Hosting, they don't offer 25GB it's 2.5GB. Is that a typo or did you honestly think they gave 25GB for free? :confused_

*Edit: BTW nice site!

**Edit: Again I am up in the early morning. I stay up too late some times lol, but it's fun I just get carried away doing stuff with my site and playing Counter-Strike Source! :teeth_smi
oops, that was a typo :redface:

Jordan Knezevic said:
Administrator account is the only reason we suggested Safe mode

*Edit: Is it just my eyes from being up too long or has everything on your site gone BOLD ??!?!

**Edit: It's probably your site!

Dont look bold to me, maybe its th browser :confused:

Everyone, thanks for your help, i got it working!!!! :teeth_smi

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
Were all glad that you got it working... :wink: If everyone helps everyone get there problems fixed, our community puts itself a head as a whole. :rolleyes:

Conor

Reaction score
As for Jordan's comment about x10, we offer 2.5 GB you are right.