Help Plz

iearn.tk54

Reaction score
I have 2 SMF forum hosted on 2 diff servers

i need to create automatic username and pass to another forum if user registers to 1 of it
and the username and pass created on other forum should be same as the user creates

plz help me.

i saw this type of functioning in x10hosting forum
when we created hosting account our username and pass created automatically for forum

but i need same username and pass in both forum

plz help me out... :rolleyes:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

iearn.tk54

Reaction score
Hi,
This is linking of databases.But if you want to update the database from one to another..which is a master and slave connection.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/faqs-triggers.html#qandaitem-22-5-1-5
Note: This consumes a lot lot of bandwidth..let alone the High resource usage !!

or
You can use database replication as well..

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/replication.html
This is a bit complex thing but no easy ways to do difficult tasks.
Good Luck.

master is not defined
both are master
as 50% users register on 1 forum and 50% on other
plz help me out

i am not able to make out the settings from above links
plz help

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The basic idea would be, in your sign up script, to have it use cURL to send the information via the web to the other SMF and have the registration script there enter the new account info.

Several problems. One of which would be that you have to synchronize the two databases first so that the user information is the same on both. The other would be that you could not use the same registration script without further logic. (otherwise, you sign up on A which notifies B which notifies A....). You would either need a copy of the registration script ( register_via_site.php and register_via_remote.php ) that does not call the other server, or you would have to add logic (hidden field) to the script.

iearn.tk54

Reaction score
The basic idea would be, in your sign up script, to have it use cURL to send the information via the web to the other SMF and have the registration script there enter the new account info.

Several problems. One of which would be that you have to synchronize the two databases first so that the user information is the same on both. The other would be that you could not use the same registration script without further logic. (otherwise, you sign up on A which notifies B which notifies A....). You would either need a copy of the registration script ( register_via_site.php and register_via_remote.php ) that does not call the other server, or you would have to add logic (hidden field) to the script.

so is there any script available which i can modify and use ??????