Help redirecting page, setting up email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hevnlycreations20

Reaction score
ill keep this to point as i tend to waffle on abit but first sorry if im repeating a thread here i couldnt find my answer through searching nor the forum. . .

so i made website in iweb. . . I could only upload 1 file at a time using cPanel so used cyberduck to ftp the site. . . everything was working great using the (x10hosting) .pcriot. . .

i bought my own domain name from 123Reg. i changed the nameservers (ano this can take 24-48hrs) and then went into my account (x10hosting) setting and changed the main domain to my purchased domain name. . . (is that right??)

anyway i started getting an error page when i typed in the purchased .co.uk domain name. Thinking its still not had 24hrs. . ill just change the main domain name back to the original issued .pcriot and wait a few days.

now however i get a x10hosting page saying website specified does not exist. . . can anyone help me sort this out?

also im extremely confused about the email side of things... Going through cPanel it was like i was setting up an email for the site??? was i??

it does say i can get free email from using 123reg as part of buying domain name but when i go into FAQ and info about this, it seems to be a service you pay for. how do i go setting this up? and retrieving the emails. . .

Thanks again

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You have to create an email user in your cPanel in order to use your free email with your hosting account.

As for your site, it's working just fine as the current elementfx.com url for your main domain. If you still can't see it, clear your browser's cache and flush your computer's dns.

hevnlycreations20

Reaction score
so it is thanks for your reply. . .

not really sure how its ended up being .elementfx.com then. . .

so am i right in thinking that to use my purchased domain name i just do the change in the account management panel and type in the main domain as my .co.uk?

how long does that usually take to work?

Thanks alot again

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

also how do i go about setting it up in cPanel?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
When you change the main domain to your .co.uk in the account management panel, you don't also set it up in cPanel. Your domain can be in only 1 of 3 choices: main domain, addon domain, parked domain. Since you choose main domain, then that's the only place you put your domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.