Help regarding Animated images

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Hi there,

I need help, when I try to save an animated image on internet it wont save as .gif's are the only format for animated images to move and work. Because when I right click on the animated gif it brings me up to my folders GIVING ME the only option to save it as .bmp
delete2cs.gif

So anyone got a fix for me?

Last edited:

adlskate.com

Reaction score
#1. Get Firefox
#2. I dont use IE, but if it gives you two options, 1 being bmp, and the other being all files... select all files, then type in the file name field... IMAGENAME.GIF.

I remember I had the same problem when using that piece of crap browser... i dunno if what i said will work or not tho

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
I have IE and FF, but I am not use to FF I have been with IE for ages, anywho I use FF rarely only if I am doing some thing that involves using FF. Anyways thanks the firefox trick worked, but it only saves my images as Psp's (Paint Shop Pro) which I need saved on my comp as gif's as I need to upload it on my vBulletin.

Fire Wolf

Reaction score
I suggest you save in the format(BMP) and convert it to GIF using Photoshop or any other imaging software.

Cynical

Reaction score
Fire Wolf said:
I suggest you save in the format(BMP) and convert it to GIF using Photoshop or any other imaging software.
If the image is animated, then this won't work: Bitmaps cannot be animated.

As adlskate.com suggested, save as filename.gif after selecting "all files" for the mask.

David_Tiger

Reaction score
*bump*
this old topic, saves starting new one ;)

any one know which is the best way to create an animated banner

the was i did my banner at my page was create different images and join them all into one animated .gif. is there an easier way that does this??
I have PhotoShop CS3 Extended and Photoshop 7.0 if that helps?

cheers

Last edited: