Help, some Joomla components & mods aren't working.

Veivei

Reaction score
I installed my second Joomla CMS here, same version like the first Joomla that I use before.
The problem is that some of components & modules that was work fine on the first installation not worked on the second.
I did upgrade the PHP version on my account, so if there's anything is wrong I'm really not sure what it is.

This is the error I got from Joomla Explorer component whe I try to load the component:

Warning: posix_getegid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/veivei/public_html/vr/administrator/components/com_joomlaxplorer/include/fun_list.php on line 585

and even on some other components doesn't display anything on the config menu.

Some help please.

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Hmm I'm not so good with PHP, but it does seem like the PHP version you have right now does not allow posix_getegid()... Try putting that error message in the reason box in your account-panel. www.x10hosting.com/account

Veivei

Reaction score
The same component on the previous installation has no problem, that's why I'm a bit confused here. I thought that the upgrade will have no problem on my second Joomla.

So, you're saying that I should upgrade it again?

Can I just have a normal account that has no problem on Joomla, coz sometimes I always got some unnecessary errors when everything is okay before.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just a question. Are both installs of Joomla on the same account and are they using the same database?

Veivei

Reaction score
Just a question. Are both installs of Joomla on the same account and are they using the same database?

They're both on the same account but different database, same version of Joomla, same components that I'm about to use but doesn't work on the second one. :(

Sohail

Reaction score
Yeah, you will need to upgrade your PHP to version 2 :-

http://x10hosting.com/account/

You will also need to submit a good reason for upgrading so you could say you need it for the maximum potential of your content management system (CMS) called Joomla.

They should respond within 24 hours.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you read, she said she already upgraded her php version. I am using version2 on Joomla fine. Only one thing doesnt work and that is php_info.

Did you install them in different directories?

Veivei

Reaction score
Yep, it's on different directory & different database, same account on Intermediate PHP Configuration.
Let me just try to upgrade to Advanced PHP Configuration and see if it can make any difference.

--------------

Just did try to upgrade to advanced, but it has errors when i click submit.

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 8: parser error : Unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes values in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: <b>Warning</b>: fread() [<a href='function</serverLoad> in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: ^ in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 8: parser error : attributes construct error in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: <b>Warning</b>: fread() [<a href='function</serverLoad> in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: ^ in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 8: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag a line 8 in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 164

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: ^ in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAP

n Error Has Occurred
An error occurred with your PHP version change request. Try again later or contact x10Hosting. (Code 3)

Last edited: