[Help] Ubuntu Server 10.04

Shadow121

Reaction score
I just got the PC under my desk set-up with ISPConfig 3 and Ubuntu 10.04. It was working fine. I tried to reboot it and the BIOS screen came up, then it flashed black a couple times, then the monitor went into sleep mode. I have honestly no clue why, and I have searched Google multiple times in the past, and twice today.

Could someone help?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Does the PC give the BIOS/POST screen still, or does it remain dark or do you get a POST Beep error? Also, what was the last thing you ran on the server before rebooting it, and do you use a GUI or do you run through a command line?

Shadow121

Reaction score
I was trying to add a user to PureFTPd and it failed. I rebooted it thinking I had to, and I guess not. I figured out what I had to do though, and it's not wanting to boot.

It comes up with the giant Dell logo, and goes through Post with the press F2 for setup F12 for boot options in the top right, nothing out of the ordinary. If I have the CD / Flash drive in, it'll open the setup for Ubuntu Server.

If the CD / Flash drive aren't in, it blinks as I said a couple times, then goes into power saver mode.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Try pressing Esc during the Bios post and selecting the Hard Drive manually as the boot device.

Shadow121

Reaction score
I tried that and it yielded the same results. Black screen, monitor power saver.

I went into it again afterwards, and tried Primary Master and it decided to boot up. :/

Edit: Doing it again, I tried as I tried last night and its not working.

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I tried that and it yielded the same results. Black screen, monitor power saver.

I went into it again afterwards, and tried Primary Master and it decided to boot up. :/

Edit: Doing it again, I tried as I tried last night and its not working.

Is booting from a live cd works on your system?Answer to this question will help you to know problem is hard disk specific or not.

Shadow121

Reaction score
I installed Ubuntu Netbook with Universal USB Installer on my flash drive and booted into it. When it loaded I was able to mount the hard drive containing the server partition.