Help Using Wordpress

aphiliac

Reaction score
I don't understand, aren't your pages already listed in the horizontal navigational menu near the top?

austine

Reaction score
yep, someone on the wordpress forum gave me a code to use

i still need help with it though as i want to complete customize the site

* i want three menus: 'movies', 'tvshows', and 'blog' - which i want to be a link to my blogger page

* i want the sidebar edited to only show links to reviews on my blogsite page. i want the sidebar to be on the movies and tvshows page. i want the sidebar to be like this one http://www.losestomachfat.net

* and finally, although i like the sophisticated design of the template, i don't want the wordpress logo and designer to be shown at the bottom of the pages. also, a more appealing header would be appreciated

can someone walk me through achieiving these steps?

aphiliac

Reaction score
  1. You seem to have the tvshows and movies link down, so that's good. I assume you could just create a page titled "Blog" in WordPress admin and then just have a link to your blogger page. But I think you want it where visitors who click on your "Blog" link to go directly to your blogger page. In that case, maybe you could just insert
    Code:
    <a href="yourbloggerpage.com">Blog</a>
    into the Header.php file of your theme. I can't test this out because my website is down right now, but that should work.
  2. I'm a bit unsure here. When you say "blogsite page", are you referring to escocolumbo.org or your blogger page? Also, I believe the sidebar is supposed to appear on each and every page for this theme. Check your theme's options to see if you can have that sidebar on each page.
  3. I tried visiting this theme's homepage to see if the theme's author had any rules that you had to follow if you were to use his theme, but I can't seem to find any. But I'm almost positive that the author left it there for a reason, so if you want to use this theme, you'll have to keep the WordPress logo and link to the author's page. In regards to the header, I think it's best that you open a seperate thread because that seems like too broad a topic to be discussed here.
And there's my long-winded response. :happysad: Hope it helped.

austine

Reaction score
thanks for the response. i'm at work now so can't do this right away but as soon as i get home i'll try it and post back

yeah, i meant i want the 'blog' page to direct whoever clicks on it to my blogger http://escocolumbo.blogspot.com/

damn, i really wish i wasn't at my day job right now. i'm eager to continue working on the site. i'm beginning to enjoy this stuff. at first - as you may know from my previous posts - i wanted to tear my hair out

okay, i'm gonna stay patient and handle things when i get home. hey, in bout three months when i'm earning $£$£$$, i'm aiming to tell my boss to get stuffed! :biggrin: