Help viewing and uploading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amabelle

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a clueless newbie (is there a worse kind?)
I was wondering if maybe someone could help me out.
I used to have a site on here but I have since deleted it as I used Frontpage to create it and wasn't very happy with the results.

I have since switched to Komposer and have done most of the site. I now have 3 problems:

1) I have tried to upload the files using webdisk, file manager, filezilla and even the Publishing function on Komposer. As far as I can see, all the files are in the correct place (both public and ftp). When I try to go to the site (using Mozilla and IE7) I get an "Error 404 - Page does not exist". Has anyone else had this problem?

2) On my pages (I used CSS for all of them) I have inserted some PHP that I found from http://www.marcofolio.net/ that is supposed to help create random images. I can't preview these and was wondering if there is anything I can use that will help me see the final result before I show it to the world? To be honest, I can't even tell if i did it correctly at this point? I saved the files as .html even with the php in them.

3) I have also inserted some javascript (to help equalise columns - got this from dynamic drive as i am using one of their templates) and this doesn't seem to be working either? Again, is there anything I can use to preview my work before uploading?

Sorry this has been so long!
I've seen the forum but haven't been able to find anything that helped me so far.

Many Thanks,
Belle

(The site should be at www.amabelle.elementfx.com)

Scott

Reaction score
Can you please Private Message me your cpanel username and password with a link to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.