Help with Configuing Outlook 2003 - won't connect to SMTP server

joanna77

Reaction score
My username is joanna77

My domain is: www.sylvesterphotography.com

The email I'm trying to configure: info@sylvesterphotography.com

I tried a combination of usernames: infosylvesterphotography.com and info@sylvesterphotography and joanna77

The auto configure did not work so I tried the following:

Incoming Mail Server: mail.sylvesterphotography.com, default port 110
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.sylvesterphotography.com (server requires authentication) port 26 (also tried port 25)

I get the following 2 messages:
The specified server was found, but there was no reponse from the server
Outlook could not connect to the outgoing mail server (SMTP)

I also tried the following and it still didn't work:
Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) LSN-D1651.limestonenetworks.com
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) lotus.x10hosting.com (server requires authentication) port 465

Now since I tried all this, my website is down. My website was up before I started trying to configure oulook.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone know?

joanna77

Reaction score
I checked the link you said and the email server that I have (lotus) looks like it is working. Does anyone know what else it could be?

zen-r

Reaction score
Have you tried things again in the last couple of days?

If your problem was caused by server faults, it should hopefully be fixed now ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/service-alerts/99755-email-free-servers.html :)

Edit : The above was a reference to your email issues.

With regard to your website not showing;

I've found that here in the UK, a number of sites hosted on x10 (including yours) don't show up. I've concluded that a range of IP addresses are being blocked by something like my ISP. Maybe someone hosted a malicious site on X10 within these IP ranges in the past.

Your site does show for me if I go through a proxy eg http://www.proxybrowsing.com

Have you tried this?

Last edited:

joanna77

Reaction score
Yeah, I added the email to cpanel. I tried again just now. I'm just going to give up on it. I will just use a yahoo email. Thanks anyway.

lhyman

Reaction score
You should always use YOUR ISP SMTP SERVER for all outgoing email, in your email program confiuration, this way, you can not say your ISP is blocking SMTP