Help with Database...

Status
Not open for further replies.

admintwo

Reaction score
I have been trying to fix my site from not showing up.

I have this in mysql....the problem is i don't know what I should put for the host of it...
If anyone can help me, thank you in advance, not sure If I have credits but if I do will give you some.

phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.9.1.1
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Apr 04, 2008 at 02:13 PM
-- Server version: 5.0.27
-- PHP Version: 5.2.0
--
-- Database: `listed_devland`

I get this message when I try accessing the site.Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/listed/public_html/Conquers/func.php on line 3
Could not connect to DB.

Synkc

Reaction score
The database name and server details are correct, however, the account username and password are not.

If you have not already done so, you'll need to create a new database account via cPanel and assign it to the database: "listed_devland". As an alternative, you could instead simple use your hosting account's username and password.

admintwo

Reaction score
It still does not work, I get the same message. Create a new database over again and the account user name and password were redone but still nothing.
Anyone no how else I can fix this problem, or if I am doing anything wrong?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/listed/public_html/Conquer/func.php on line 3
Could not connect to DB.

-------
Synkc, I gave you some credits for trying to help me.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Your script is not telling the server to use the username and password you made. This is indicated by the fact it says "root@localhost" it would say something like "listed_mydb@localhost" if it were having issues with your db user.

admintwo

Reaction score
So how would I make it so this problem does not occur or is there an example anyone has.

I have not done this in quite a long time, sorry If I sound un-knowledgeable at the moment.
Edit:
I think I found a way to fix this, but anyone know what would the Ip address, or host IP be if I am using an x10Hosting account?...or where would I find it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.